after removing air con..................

JIMMYBACK

i tried the uk sized belt after removing the very annoying air con wahey :D
but the belt seems to squeak most time on start up and when i change down a gear :shock: ive tried tighting up the tension bolt but that seems to do fcuk all :shock: wot am i doing wrong :shock:
cheers jimmy

J

jiw

probably the wrong belt, halfords 845E try the 825E as thats the rite one to use :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have the 845E fitted and it does squeal occaisionally, but only when it's wet outside.

J

jpward

Done the aircon on mine last week and i cleaverly descovered the one off a murano fits sweet is a 6ply 828 fells tight to put on but adjusts well and as its a 6ply and not a 4as OE then slipage is not very lightly!!

if you cant get that one then just get a 6ply 828 or 830 from a motor factors as belts are just different lenghts though cheeper ones are more prone to cracking.

:wink: :wink:

JIMMYBACK

right now the thrid wheel has gone from the system i.e the old aire con wheel the system dosent seem to tighten up the belt at all :?

JIMMYBACK

jpward said:
What size is your belt? is it 4 or 6 ply?
4 i couldnt find a 6 wot am i gonna do im not gonna put back the bloody air con motor just to get it to fit properly

L

LoXy

Here ya go guys,

these are the infos you need. I am sure it will help.

Go for the 6rip one.

Radiator Belt Fan Belt Alternator Belt

it's a FEDERAL MOGUL BELT

PART NUMBER (MVB844R6) IT ALSO HAS THIS OTHER NUMBER ON THE BOX(49-060844).

Better Belt

have got a gates 844 mm six rib belt in front of me purchased from a local a1 motorstore (uk)

its a micro v, p no' 68353 other number 6PK850

J

jpward

No dont go to the bother off a refit hard enough to get the thing off!!

Im thinking your belts too loose i got one from motor factors 6x828 bit tight to get over the alt pully but adjusts great and hasnt squeaked once i tried pouring into the rad when it was going and spilled some not a noise! i think it said murano on the box but just ask for a 6multi vee belt at 828 or 830 long and hey you got a new uncle bob! sorted! 8)