AFR or injectors

jonny5

Hi all,

I have a question:doh: and this may be the noob question of the month;-)

I am going to get my car mapped to run 1.2 bar. I will be running an uprated fuel pump, boost controller, fmic, filter, uprated clutch.

I have read on the forum that there can be underfueling issues when u raise the boost, would this be the case if I get the car mapped correctly to the level of boost i wanna run.

Worst case scenario and I do have an underfueling issue. I could fit an AFR and increase fuel pressure? - but as I have read on various posts an AFR is not really required (unless your running big power) - if anything I should just replace the standard fuel regulator as I will be running over 300bhp.

I was thinking:doh: to be sure that I dont hit an underfueling issue i could fit slightly bigger injectors? 560cc? and have these mapped correctly and this should allow me to keep standard fuel pressure, I hope!

My thinking behind this.... a) I hear that raising the fuel pressure above the standard 3bar pressure can split the standard fuel lines. b) I am also replacing the worn parts on the gtir and im sure my injectors have never been changed, they are bound to go sooner or later and im sure the car will run better with these replaced anyway.

All help is much appreciated and all noob bashing comments will be taking in good hhhumour:oops:

Cheers

Jonny

Last edited:

youngsyp

How are you going to 'remap' the car ?

The standard FPR will be man enough for 1.2 bar boost levels, on the stock turbo.

jonny5

youngsyp said:
How are you going to 'remap' the car ?

The standard FPR will be man enough for 1.2 bar boost levels, on the stock turbo.
Hi mate, yea car will be running standard turbo. Its a Dastek Q chip thats getting fitted,

youngsyp

If you're having it remapped with a piggy back ecu, you shouldn't be under or over fuelling. If, the tuner knows what they're doing.

You might want to go for the 560cc (Evo ?!) injectors just to give you some headroom at that boost level but, you can leave the rest as stock. Just make sure your ignition system and fuelling system are in good condition.

As for hoses splitting, I found this on one of mine after I fitted the 255 lph fuel pump. But, the hose was an original one so, should have been expected sooner or later, no matter what happens to the rest of the fuel system.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
As paul says, keep it simple, stock injectors and regulator. If you are runnig out of injector capacity then look to your fuel filter and pump voltage first.