advice with consult

turboloon

used the consult on my 'r tonight was wondering if any one could tell me if any of these values are not what they're supposed to be as i have a ongoing boost problem but i personnaly think it is down to a broken wire ...any way heres my readings
coolant temp-172
battery-14.64
maf-124
tps-0.36
o2-100(driving the car it was fluctating wildly upto 1400)
a/f alpha lh-126
a/f self learn lh-100
idle air valve-10
injection lh-192-198
ign. timing-10 - 14
exhaust gas 14.98(my sensor unplugged under seat)
cas ref- 28??- 29??(flucating very fast)
these readings were taking at idle. :roll:

antgtir

loosen securing screws / bolts and twist the unit until you reach .5v.

I had issues with my R and the way it drove, ended up being something very simple like the maf. Try a known good one.

Ant.

turboloon

antgtir said:
loosen securing screws / bolts and twist the unit until you reach .5v.

I had issues with my R and the way it drove, ended up being something very simple like the maf. Try a known good one.

Ant.
so do i take it i need to do this with the car running and with the lap top plugged in..?

antgtir

turboloon said:
so do i take it i need to do this with the car running and with the lap top plugged in..?
Yes. Dont loosen the screws/bolts too much as it will be a pain to tighten. Carry out procedure whilst on idle.

If the TPS is very worn you may not have enough turn in the unit, however you will probably be ok. Might be easier if someone does it with you also, that way you dont end up juggling things lol.

Ant.

'turbollon'; do you mind if i put my values up aswell? just so we can compare.
Also, whats the map trace feature all about?
Thanks.

turboloon

jambo_gtir said:
'turbollon'; do you mind if i put my values up aswell? just so we can compare.
Also, whats the map trace feature all about?
Thanks.
go for it mannie!! the more i can find out about it the better , it would also give me something to gauge mine aginst.:thumbsup:

Coolant temps in Farenheit (spelling).
Will pull mine out the garage tomorrow and connect mine up and give you some readings also.
MInes has been running fine since its rebuilt, pulls hard at 1 Bar no probs.
Just think my ignition timing has been advanced to about 18 Degrees, but other than that its all they way it should be as far as i`m aware.

Davie

RPM: 988
Air flow: 1.22
water temp: 92
o2: 1
Throttle: 0.44
Injector: 1.91
Timing: 12
AAC: 8
A/F Base: 101
Duty cycle: 1.57

There is mine lol. I think my car is runnning knock maps though as faulty DET sensor :(