Advice on gt3071r setup

ray77

Hey guys, i've just put a gt3071r on my r and i have a couple questions.
My engine is stock whit the oe injectors and maf.
My engine is healty with many new parts like leads, cap, pumps, allu rad etc...
I run a goose, oe outlet, a blitz intake, a walbro, a bully stage 2 clutch and my ecu was tuned in japan by redzone b4 importation, it says on the extra board special tuned rom there is 2 chips on it. I did 12.98 on 1/4 with the t28 last year at 1bar. I have an uninstaled z32 in my garage.

My first plan is getting a afpr and get the airfuel adjusted on dyno with stock maf with the current mapping. Thats 120$ because mapping is expensive here in canada its 600$.
And or get safc 2 to run the z32 and get the airfuel dyno adjusted 120$.

Secound would be wait and instal the z32 with 720cc injectors plus a new turbo outlet and get a new map!
Give me some advices plz :) i dont plan to forge soon my goal is running safe with power!! Im not extra ritch and its a long term project!

Now the questions
1. Is it safe to run 1 bar or 13 psi would be safer for now, because i done couples rides! Damn i hear back fires on every shifts at 1bar!

2.What should i do now with my little budget??? I try to do all on my own as i did for all mods.

Thanks in advance guys !

ray77

120$ that just for an hour dyno run to adjust afp! sorry for my multiple post i dont see any edit mark.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Nothing wrong with your spelling

The injectors are potentially too small to run 1 bar on that turbo even with an afpr. The stock MAF will probably go off the scale too.

If you must use that turbo, it might be worth thinking nearer standard boost. Until you put on some sort of AFR its difficult to say what is happening.

A big turbo with no supporting mods can quite easily wear out your engine.

shroom

as he says above,

in experiance I had my stock engine on 1.3-4 bar with the 3071 and 700cc injectors, z32 and a safc 2, albeit only for a few minutes before my turbo blew aswell as my rag lol. if you can get it tuned well and want to go that ruite I think it would be fine, aslong as you dont keep pushing you will have a good powerful car, the problem realy lies in that the 3071 is only getting started at 1.3 bar and you wont get the full benefit of your expensive turbo, maybe in the future a gt2871 or something smaller would be better.

ray77

I did 92% duty 4.62 maf volt at 12 psi 14 was too much i feel more power at 12. I think ill stay at this level for now till i get some 720cc and instal my z32 then ill send my ecu for a rom tune. After that get it perfectly mapped on the dyno plus a new outlet.

Thanks for your advices guy, i would still like to hear othersp experice/advice!

stumo

I did 92% duty 4.62 maf volt at 12 psi 14 was too much i feel more power at 12. I think ill stay at this level for now till i get some 720cc and instal my z32 then ill send my ecu for a rom tune. After that get it perfectly mapped on the dyno plus a new outlet.

Thanks for your advices guy, i would still like to hear othersp experice/advice!
I would turn your boost down a little as the maf voltage and injector duty cycle is getting a bit too high and close to the limit.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You can run the 3071 but I just think its wasted on a standard engine. You'd have been better with a GT28RS running 1.5bar or there abouts..

Either way you will need to add 700cc Injectors, Z32 and have it remapped. Don't go using an A/F Pressure Regulator to adjust the fueling!!

As they have said above 92% Duty is too high. Ideally you are looking to hit no more than 85% Duty on your injectors.

Turn the boost as low as it goes to be 'safer' until you have had the whole lot mapped and A/R, Duty, etc checked on a dyno session.

ray77

Thats my plan i collect parts, to one day have the arp rod bolts, headstuds, bearings, HG, pistons instal. Im thinking doing it my self over the winter maybe. But for now i just want to have fun whit the gt30 for what its capable to give me. Im getting some denso 720cc next week to put with my z32 and get it mapped. What you guy think a safe boost would be? 1.3bar with the stock engine ? And Once the piston and other parts in 1.5 1.6 bar ???