advice needed

pulsar kid

hi guys,
before shouting, yes ive tried the search button :),
My new R idles from cold at 1800rpm and hot 15-1600
Few times has settled at 1k not much at all tho, seems if you give it some it will settle better,
I'm not liking the high idle at cold start tho,

Things i've done so far,
Checked TB nipples there,
Remove the icv and clean, had been done before could see the screw been apart and was clean inside,
Checked maff ground,

New stock plugs,
Silicone leads already on the car,
No bov,
Any ideas i cant seem to see where to look next?

red reading

Remove the cold start assemble on the plenum and clean it out, also check the throttle butterflies are closing properly, set the throttle position sensor properly as well as that causes high idle and check the ignition timing (to do this you will need someone to help you as you will need to get the car idle down to 1000rpm by riding the clutch),

pulsar kid

Where's the cold start buddy ?
and how do I kniw the butterflies are fully shut?

thanks for reply I will check rest the car does feel raver flat which I forgot to say too

Last edited:

Fusion Ed

Your not a million miles away, if its new to you, you should get it checked over to make sure everything is as it should be...

pulsar kid

right guys bit more info.
Set the tps up
boost leak test found no leaks
slack in throttle cable
both tb open same time,

now the dizzy position looked odd to me, car does feel slight flat, so i thought id try couple different positions on it, found that the the further back towards the bulkhead i went the idle was perfect 950rpm but car was flat on driving so went the other my idle is now 1500rpm hot and 1900 cold start, but car drives soooo much better on boost, awaiting for a friend to bring his timing gun,

any other things to try and this is driving my bonkers
how would i know if my butteflies are dead shut?
i notice some one has wound the left hand side butter fly screw flush yet the right side is around 4mm up
also i know the pcv is working as on boost leak test it held fine at @ 0.7bar and removed oil cap i was fine fine

any advice be so greatfull