ABS Light

Dooie Pop Pop

the light came on when i moved the car and took it out for a shake down :?

i turned the ignition off and started the car again and the light stayed off :D except a couple of times when i pressed the brake pedal lightly if felt like the abs was cutting in :shock: :? :roll:

when started again the light stayed off for a few secs and then came back on again, whilst the light was on the juddery abs sensation did not occur

brakes seemed ok before the engineoutscopy just a little low ( but not that low) so im guessing this could be a case of sensor contamination from rust off the disks or possibly oil.

not too sure what im looking for tbh :oops:

cheers, Stu

J

justin666

I get this occasionally. put it down to a contaminated / duff ABS sensor but as its only a very rare problem for me I havent as yet got round to cleaning them up to see if it does stop the problem.

J..

boucherie

easiest way is to whip the wheels off and give the sensors a bit of a clean up, then that'll tell you one way or the other whether you've got bigger issues or not 8) :?:

cojack

If the rotor shown in picture c has rust build up or dirt in, the sensor wont pick up a gap in the rotor. So it thinks the brakes are locking up. And will cause the abs pump to trigger when you are pressing the pedal.

Just check all your rotor if not cud be a dodgy sensor.
Hope this helps. :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

iv probably got a snail jammed in it :lol: when i refitted the exhaust i noticed the underside of my car was covered in em :shock:

bet it aint now though :lol:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
did you get anywhere with this?

i managed to get both my front sensors out (cnut of a job) 12mm bolt holding it in, had to then use a hammer and feather splitter to get a bit movement. then once removed i cleaned them up, they were very dirty and had metal bits stuck to them (are they magnetic?). i cleaned all the dirt off and stuck them back in (also with a bit of effort).

took it for a test drive and - still the fookking same :evil:

think i'll check the rears now

Fire & skill

Vintage member
well i finally got a fault code from the ecu - its showing 5 flashes, which acccording to the abs diagnostic procedure its the N/S front :shock:

cojack

Read my post further up the page. If the rotors are sweet. Try disconecting the battery for a hour or so to clear the code from the ecu :wink: