Abs anti-lock???

beany44

hey im just wondering what the actual difference is between the speedos with ABS on as apposed to the ones with ANTILOCK on,

i need a new set of antilock ones but cant get hold of any, will the abs ones work? ive been told they wont but wasnt really given an answer to why lol

if anyone can shed some light on this it would be helpfull thanx - Dave

IrishDan

It was a change from the phase 1 to the phase two, its in the specifications on here, not sure weather itl work or not i imagine it will...Mabby someone will correct me.

geoff pine

Its to do with the change in the wiring on the back of the clocks at some stage they changed the wiring on the center plug . What i found was there is difference with the center plug connections if you fit a latter model to an earlier model the the clocks are just dead nothing happens .Ask the seller to send a photo of the back of the clocks so you can compare the connections :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Trip

if the speedo is the faulty part, you can just change the speedo unit from one cluster to another.

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
as geoff mentioned - wiring (pcb membrane) is different and not compatible:

left: series1 (anti-lock)
right: series2 (abs)

Trip

as geoff mentioned - wiring (pcb membrane) is different and not compatible:

left: series1 (anti-lock)
right: series2 (abs)

the pin-outs are different between the two, but if you are brave enough you can un-pin the wires from the 3 connectors and re-pin them in the right order..

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
right how would i do that?
Do what? Change the pin-out configuration, or swap the clocks themselves?

Swapping the clocks is easy: you undo the screws and swap them over. Changing the pin-out on the PCB is harder, and I've never tried it.

Smo

Its to do with the change in the wiring on the back of the clocks at some stage they changed the wiring on the center plug . What i found was there is difference with the center plug connections if you fit a latter model to an earlier model the the clocks are just dead nothing happens .Ask the seller to send a photo of the back of the clocks so you can compare the connections :thumbsup:
Bollocks! That'd be why the lights in my Lockwood set work but not the dials! What a pain in the arse. Be selling those then!

Trip

I've done it. You have to trace every pin and track with a meter and find which pin is what. There is only the diagram of one of them on the manual.

if i remember correct, only the pin locations per plug is different, so attack one plug at a time. And label everything.