Aav

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Anyone know where the auxillary air valve is located? c02 emmisions were at 5.1 today for mot, it failed on little things but need to get this sorted for my fresh ticket! Also is there an idle control valve on the car?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
should mention its running a power fc now - so if theres a way to get the emmisions down at idle by adjusting the map - does anyone know?

any help appreciated!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Like the man says; it's mounted on the bottom of the plenum with three(?) hex-head nuts. - There's a solenoid to open/close the valve for fast idle to bring it to temperature, and the idle adjustment screw is in the end of it.

That's the puppy:

If it's high CO2 I'd go back and tell them they actually need to warm the car up before they test it... either that or give it a bit of a blast before you go in. - It's usually a sign of an incomplete burn, but if it's running (and idling) ok you probably don't want to go fiddling with the AAC valve; you can't adjust it because it's controlled by the ECU anyway.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
should mention its running a power fc now - so if theres a way to get the emmisions down at idle by adjusting the map - does anyone know?

any help appreciated!
Less advance(20deg) and less fue reuired to hit 14.7 afrl, I had the same problem when mine idled at 40deg ign which is standard for the PFC. Is it particles, NOx or CO that it's failing on?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member