a quick Q ??

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
my mate puts spark pulgs of a ford RS turbo into his s14 SR20 drift car he says their good for 3k for road use or 2k on on track the ones he got on saturday are NGK 5430 BCR8ES thats what it says on the box :-D
their only 3euro a plug thats better than 70 euro for 4 :doh:
does anyone use these in their R

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
That's because they are copper cores not platinum or irridium tips! - Lots of people use them because they are proven to be just as good (and possibly better as the tips aren't as delicate).

HotSnot92

That's because they are copper cores not platinum or irridium tips! - Lots of people use them because they are proven to be just as good (and possibly better as the tips aren't as delicate).
sorry i meant to say that they are copper cores
;-)

skiddusmarkus

Compared to the platinum and iridium tips they look almost agricultural.Saying that, you won't be getting a tip blown off and wrecking a valve with these.

turugtir

They use the same plug, as the cosworth does.

As for platinum tipped plugs, they are not that expensive, at 30 pounds a set for the BKR8EIX model, so is worth a try. There's a noticeable difference in smoothness of the engine, and made a difference in performance when I put them in my last S14.

HotSnot92

Well, it's quite common on this side of the water. In fact I think Boby sells them in sets of four on here and on eBay.
ive being paying 120euro for blitz and hks plugs for alot off years so fuck that i no what ill be getting the next time :-D:-D
thanks for the info lads :thumbsup::thumbsup:

shroom

Lol that's a pain you never knew about that, have a look on ebay I got 8 for 11 quid for an aston martin or something v8 then give them a suitable gap jobs a gudun