A/C Under Dash

bracpan

I have stripped all the dashboard out etc to fit a rollcage. I would also like to remove the last of the aircon ( done all under the bonnet etc) without any diagrams I cant make out what I can take from inside the car without removing the heater etc.

Can anybody help? I have to keep the normal heater etc but would like to get any disused parts of the A/C totaly removed to aid weight loss. Any advice or diagrams would be very gratefull

Cheers

Phil

Mr GTiR

I'll try and get some pictures for you as there on my home comp but as you look at the bulkhead you will see it's made up of 3 sections on the left. The far left is the actual heater itself and next to that is the A/C condenser which you have to remove the box from the bulkhead. It’s held onto the bulk head via 5 bolts and to the right of this section is where you center section and switches/controls are.

The air con condenser will have the 2 metal silver pipes which poke through the bulkhead and also a drain pipe for any residue from the condenser.

Hope this helps?

Boooooost

Hi if you remove the glove box you can see the box with the evaporater in it I think there are 4 or 5 screws to drop this down then you just split it and remove evaporater. I blanked of the 2 holes with some old bits of plastic cut to shape and bonded on. It is suprisingly easy to do especially compared with stripping modern cars.
Hope thats some use
Matt

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
As said, go in the glove box and it's the black box straight in front of you. When I got the bolts out, it did need a slight bit of force to remove it, that was probably just the bulkhead grommet fighting me.

15min job and you can't go wrong.

A new blanking grommet is about £8 if you want one.