850WHP Pulsar

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
GTX4294R? - Will that be any use on the track; I'd have thought it was a bit big for that engine to spin-up. I remember the DD Autosports car started with a GT35 turbo and they couldn't get any power out of the corners because the turbo wasn't getting back up to speed quickly enough (although once it did, it started shifting... until the next corner).

I can see that this is a bit of a showcase for their work.

splmum

Traffic light hero's.

Oh wait! It will just bog down.

NO, I've been done by a Saxo (or whatever they have like that in america), bloody thing won't rev. I'll get him at the next set of lights.

williams

have you not noticed americans always seem to quote whp. when the figures they give for it are what we in the uk achieve at the fly?

ashills

thats had a few quid put into it thats for sure

full season is refering to drag season i would think looking at that, but a gt40 on a 2.3 track car isnt uncommon so the old gt35 on the gtir should have been do able.
Doubt lag will be an issue off the line with launch control and slicks it will be like a ballistic missile out the trap.

red reading

Makes my gtx garrett look like a kids toy! as alan says with the right things it will be a missile and it did a 10.2 at 149mph on a shake down run today too.

Trip

The one thing i learnt about the SR20 engines is that they do not like big turbo's. Most proably the head does not have a very high VE. 3 guys i know local to me manage to get full boost on 550/600+bhp cars before the 4500rpm mark.

I am sure with the right knowledge one can make a very great SR20 engine. But out of the box, its simply restricted.

red reading

you need to look a bit more at sr20/16vet heads, some of them flow as well as or better than the honda vtec heads out of the box.

splmum

Traffic light hero's.

Oh wait! It will just bog down.

NO, I've been done by a Saxo (or whatever they have like that in america), bloody thing won't rev. I'll get him at the next set of lights.
Disregard the above as I was referring to a Street registered Driven car, not an explicitly built DRAG car, meh what a waste.

They're talking about a billet case for it now. Nice to have a bottomless pit of money to through at a car I was quoted 10k for one when I last enquired about a billet case (including reverse engineering).