700cc's?

recaro18

Would 700cc SARD injectors be a decent upgrade for a 350bhp gti-r? or are they a bit to much, as i can get them cheaper than a set of 550cc's

cheers

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
recaro18 said:
Would 700cc SARD injectors be a decent upgrade for a 350bhp gti-r? or are they a bit to much, as i can get them cheaper than a set of 550cc's

cheers
Only if you were going for more power in the future :thumbsup:

You must already have 550's for that power level :?

recaro18

no im currently running about 315bhp but with the emanage remap hoping for more boost and just need the injectors to cope, so 660cc would maybe best for wot im aiming for 330-340bhp?
cheers

recaro18

wouldnt they be gettin near to the limit? and i dont mind upgrading the injectors to be on the safe side so the standards arent too stressed, but would it be a good idea?

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
recaro18 said:
wouldnt they be gettin near to the limit? and i dont mind upgrading the injectors to be on the safe side so the standards arent too stressed, but would it be a good idea?
You would be getting close to the injectors limit at the std fuel pressure.The injectors don't get stressed,it's the fuel pump that feels the strain and that's why it's not a good idea to tweak the fuel pressure up above std.

If you're getting a remap anyway and you have the money,550/600/700cc injectors won't hurt and will give you a bit in reserve if you won't to go further.

recaro18

thanks for the advice. I now have a nismo fuel reg, just looking for the gauge if anyone can help out on that? and have 534cc injectors on the way. And the fuel pump is currently uprated to a walbro so should have most things covered then off to get it remapped.
cheers

Just wanted to check what injectors from other makes we can fit on our cars.
Apparently i heard u can fit 555cc from an RX7FC. Injectors from an EVO9 is apparently the same too.

anyone can verify this here say?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
BabyGodzillaGTi-R said:
Just wanted to check what injectors from other makes we can fit on our cars.
Apparently i heard u can fit 555cc from an RX7FC. Injectors from an EVO9 is apparently the same too.

anyone can verify this here say?
Definately the RX7 ones you mention, not sure about any others. If your going to buy 2nd hand though, make sure you get them cleaned.

Steve

rayman75

stevepudney said:
Definately the RX7 ones you mention, not sure about any others. If your going to buy 2nd hand though, make sure you get them cleaned.

Steve
even if there new ones i would get them flow tested. them 700's you got of me steve are in mine running lovely after there was cleaned.

Fusion Ed

Agree its good pratice. A customer of mine recently fitted a set of new RC injectors car wouldn't run right, flow tested them and they were terrible (brand new too) so they have been dumped for a new set of tested sards.

I know the rx7s will fit. I mentioned about the Evo 6 injectors coz i know one lying around. I heard they are 560cc.
But what do i need to check if they fit in the 1st place?
The ohms/ resistance?

What made me curious about this option coz i was looking at the Power Catalogue and it seems the part numbers for an Evo and the GTi-R the same...
Help

L

l8obr

I have evo 8 fq320 injectors in my R they are direct fit and are 555cc (pink ones):-D

Thanks. so they are the same resistance? Pink hats eh? let me check with what i have lying around.
So the EVOs are a direct fit aka plug and play?
What fuel management are u using?
:)

L

l8obr

im running a safc and at 5500rpm at 1.4 bar they are running around 70% with the fueling at -39 on the settings so there is plenty of room left in them!

wow i didn't know u had to lean out so much on the SAFC with 555cc injectors.
Was doing some searching on the forum and they mentioned that u dont want to run so lean on the safc.
Reason being when set negative, u'll be fooling the ecu to read the lower part of the map. Hence u'll be running more ignition advance.
Was told if u want to run safc, it's better to lower the FPR so that u dont have to toy around with the SAFC too much.
Hmm what's your opinion?