60ft Times

F

fiecos dan

ChrisS said:
If the cars running high power though wont the terminal increase from a much better launch, as it'll have more time to accelerate?

yes it will, your see about 2 mph diff, from a perfect run and a poor launch with rest perfect.

G

GODZUKI

1/4

so is the best way to side step or to left quicky than
if you dont have launch control....

6k+ with side step
or
6k+ quicky lefting..... :?:

ashills

depends on car i used to launch the gtir with 6k and slip the clutch when i had twin plate but with organic i just got foot off as quick as possible but not quite side step

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Me personally - 6K+ and lift/jump off the clutch...

I never sidestep it...

Rishi

MrMischief

Hill_Billy said:
MrMischief said:
Hill_Billy said:
LOU ROB said:
So the 11.1 at totb 4 with a 1.9 60ft would easily be a high 10 if I managed a 1.7 60ft ?
even a 1.8 would = a 10.9
Andy, btw...my best 60ft in "your" R :p was 1.55s at Crail 8)
you must have been slow
Bitch :p

I never side-stepped the clutch, just got off it quickly at approx 5k rpm, and finished that one 12.59 at 107.1mph...chasing the tail end of a Hayabusa :lol: :oops:

What's your best with the motor at the mo'??

T

Toady

bloody hell! ive got to perfect my launches! bearing in mind i had clutch slip for all my runs, and the best one only just slipping a bit in 1st, my best time of the day was 60ft - 1.840 and 13.136 et. next time should be better-the clutch is worn in now! :lol:

Jamesw

Managed a 1.6 60 ft time, but that was launching at around 5.5 k on boost and sidestepping standard clutch. That was with 14's and 246 bhp.

tee

what do you mean when you say "sidestepping the clutch"?

is this just moving your foot off the pedal to the side while the clutch pedal is down?