60ft Times

ChrisS

How much difference does your 60ft time make to your overall 1/4 time and terminal mph?
If you managed to drop your 60ft time by say 0.5 secs what sort of difference would this be likely to make to your overall times, and would the effect be increased if running higher power :? Trying to work out what sort of time theoretically my car would run with a spot on launch :oops:

ashills

a good 60ft for a gtir is 1.7 1.6 is very good
for every .1 you take of ur 60ft u will take .2 off ur overall time so can be a big difference

ChrisS

So the 11.1 at totb 4 with a 1.9 60ft would easily be a high 10 if I managed a 1.7 60ft ?
Do you use launch control at all lou? Didnt sound like it from what i can remember from totb?

LOU ROB

I think full boost is around 5k. I launch at around 5.5-6k.
But i'm still getting used to launching it, as totb was the first time i'd dragged it with the new spec.

I will get it right soon.

O

Odin

The best 60ft time i'v got is 1.6 seconds at santa pod a couple of years ago :wink: . But I lost it with my slow gear changes and ended up with a 12.9 1/4 and 109mph terminal :oops: .

Skiddus got a 1.7 60ft time in my car but ended up with 12.3 and 109mph terminal :shock: .

rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Usually manage constant 1.6sec... but have manged a 1.4sec once.... :shock:

Rishi

ChrisS

I think full boost is around 5k. I launch at around 5.5-6k.
Are you just side stepping the clutch at those revs? I get full boost about the same, but am finding it hard to get away without bogging down, then having to wait for the turbo to spool up again.

MarkTurbo

ashills said:
for every .1 you take of ur 60ft u will take .2 off ur overall time so can be a big difference
Excuse me if im being thick :lol: But how does that work? Surely if you knock .1 off the 60ft the 1/4 mile time will only be .1 quicker :?

LOU ROB

RishiGTiR said:
Usually manage constant 1.6sec... but have manged a 1.4sec once.... :shock:
Thats good 8) My best is 1.7 at totb but missed a gear when going for 3rd.

ChrisS said:
Are you just side stepping the clutch at those revs? I get full boost about the same, but am finding it hard to get away without bogging down, then having to wait for the turbo to spool up again.
I let it out quickly, but I don't side step.

ChrisS

Excuse me if im being thick But how does that work? Surely if you knock .1 off the 60ft the 1/4 mile time will only be .1 quicker
Theres the .1 from that but you'll also be accelerating quicker aswell, so the overall improvement will be higher.

Usually manage constant 1.6sec... but have manged a 1.4sec once
Is that using the launch control rishi?

ashills

ChrisS said:
Excuse me if im being thick But how does that work? Surely if you knock .1 off the 60ft the 1/4 mile time will only be .1 quicker
Theres the .1 from that but you'll also be accelerating quicker aswell, so the overall improvement will be higher.
yeah suppose its cause u have gained full grip fasterr so can put more power down over the 1/4 mile

it wont affect your terminal though as that is a pure reflection of the cars power ,have to allow for clutches slipping etc though

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
My best 60ft is 1.755. on a 12.71 (no traction control)

You will tend to find, if you can wheel spin alot at the start you'll end up with a higher terminal than if you get a perfect launch, where you'll get a faster time but slower speed. which is how I've done a 13.1 at 99mph and a 13.4 at 101mph

G

GODZUKI

1/4

60-1.867
330-5.365
1/8-8.318
1//8et-84.24
1000et-10.799
1/4-13.048
1/4mph-101.40

5.5k Launch & bogged......alittle

is the above only ave....then or is that not bad. :roll:

ChrisS

yeah suppose its cause u have gained full grip fasterr so can put more power down over the 1/4 mile

it wont affect your terminal though as that is a pure reflection of the cars power ,have to allow for clutches slipping etc though
If the cars running high power though wont the terminal increase from a much better launch, as it'll have more time to accelerate?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
ChrisS said:
Usually manage constant 1.6sec... but have manged a 1.4sec once
Is that using the launch control rishi?

Yes... 6000rpm with Launch Control...

I've managed 1.6 - 1.7 before without.... Just keeping it to 3-4k rpm then WOT and dumping the clutch as it rises to 6000rpm...

Rishi