5v feed

GTIR1000

Where else can you get a 4v feed from apart from the tps wiring im wiring in a gauge and just wondering if there is anywhere else to get it from

P

pulsarboby

thought all the gauges were 12v unless of course its a very old gauge which would have run on 6v : /

anyway in answer to your question.....possibly the heater fan control as the current is resisted down for various fan speeds but im not sure what they are

Trip

TPS is 5V. although you can take a feed off it, if your new device draws too much current, you can risk

1) Burning the ECU
2) Having a flactuation output of TPS

I needed 5V feed to power a MAP sensor and ended up building/soldering my own circuit using a voltage regulator to convert 12v to 5v.

GTIR1000

thanks for all the info people:) does someone have a pic of where the tps is im sure i have got it right its just to the right hand side of the rocker cover near the coil and has a white black and red wires going to a connector

Trip

thanks for all the info people:) does someone have a pic of where the tps is im sure i have got it right its just to the right hand side of the rocker cover near the coil and has a white black and red wires going to a connector

The throttle position sensor is attached to the side of the throttle bodies. Might as well you also know the location of the ECU which is behind the centre console.

For a few change get that on ebay and use it.

PUL54R

just ordered one, thanks. do you think a mobile phone charger with a 5v output would work ok as a power supply? if so i have a spare that i could use.

GTiR_Lee

Hum , not really sure ?? Cant see why not but couldnt say for deffinate .
I have been use a feed from the tps for 6 months now with no problems and my bro has been doing the same on his gt4 for about 1 & half years again with no problems .
If your not sure about doing that then i would go for one of those 12v to 5v converter things jus t to be safe .
Lee

GTIR1000

yeh thats the link i used my friend has one in his skyline i always wanted one but never got round to it. I bought one of the converters as well came with in two days :)