555cc injectors

stumo

I'm after somewhere around 400hp and having looked on the injector FAQ on this site i guess 555cc ones should do the trick as i'll be using about 1.5Bar boost.

If i add the boost pressure to the base pressure i will be at 4.5Bar at full boost** and as the injectors are ok for 415 at only 4 bar i should be ok?

Or have i got it wrong????

**the fuel pressure reg adds 1 psi of fuel pressure for each psi of boost doesn't it???

Last edited:

azboy

no a press reg normally runs 2.5 bar on idle and 3 bar under load, not sure if a pulsar does but all most modern cars do the pressure changes as on idle the injector is in a vacume needing less fuel pressure to give the same amount of fuel for the time the injector is open.

azboy

aqnd id say go for a bigger injector and run normal pressure so if u want more 1 day u can use the same 1s maybe upping the pressure m8.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I looked into this myself. (Bit busy to find my post at mo) Some people flamed me and some people agreed with me. I was thinking 380-400hp at the time. I think I worked out that at 90-95% duty and a little extra pressure 400hp was realistic.

I decided I wanted more than 400 rather than less than and the extra 20-40hp meant 600-660 was better.

In the end I did a swap and went OTT with some 700s

stumo

Cheers Jim, I'd go for 600's but i can't find any at a good price (obviously not looking in the right places i guess),

MarkTurbo

azboy said:
no a press reg normally runs 2.5 bar on idle and 3 bar under load
Not on a Gti-R it dosent ;-) With the standard fuel pressure regulator fuel pressure at idle should be 3 bar and it raises it by 1 psi for every psi of boost your running. So if you were running 1 bar you'd be getting around 60 psi fuel pressure ;-)