550bhp Drag GTi-R (PistonHeads)

gtir brett

I remember seeing this car at weston performance a few years ago and it was tool then so wouldnt be suprised if it was running high bhp !!! crying out for a dog box and a new set of wheels !!:thumbsup:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
What happened to your marine ply splitter you'd mentioned making ages ago?
It’s in the garage looking all dusty; it would be on by now, but due to my 3" down pipe hanging a little too low, the splitter touches the pipe and it’s too much of a fire hazard.

I need to somehow lower the splitter using something like a Megane splitter and then mounting my splitter to the bottom, but even mock tests of that my splitter is almost touching the down pipe.

My best bet is to get hold of a second hand bumper, some fiberglass, braces and make my splitter that way.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I'm still thinking of this too but getting through my other jobs list first. We may have to collaborate some time :)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Think i'd laugh.................the best thing for that splitter would be smashed into little pieces :lol:

You'd fit in well down the local mcdonalds with one of them on i reckon ;-)
Having it in carbon would be a mistake; however made in GRP would be worth while, even if you crack it, you can still repair it ready for the next event!

...and it would be a fraction of the cost and be worth the addition for the track! :thumb:

MarkTurbo

What do you mean by "worth the addition for the track" ?

Cant see it doing anything worthwhile personally :?

frit

If it were any good in downforce terms, i would imagine it would more than likely rip my bumper off than hold the car to the road, seeing as ive only got the two top corner bolts holding the fecking thing on. Much like most others with a front mount id assume? :-D

pulsar kid

That engine with the goodies it says got to be near 500Bhp that turbo set up looks mean like previous comments id say those injectors are holding it back

Juggs

Ah I have some of the bits off this car, The guy was based in Wolverhampton who had it.
He said he was breaking due to the headgasket failing.
As far as what power it ran I cannot vouch but he had stack of paperwork & some dyno print outs.
I brought the manifold & exhaust but he'd sold the turbo set-up by the time I could collect it, It ran a HKS Pro GT 3037s from memory with an old school HKS 4 bolt 50mm external gate.
Not a lot was left of the car by the time I saw it :-(

grim_d

I have the shell, it used to have a sticker on the boot with 550bhp but how accurate it was I dont know.