550bhp Drag GTi-R (PistonHeads)

Smo

Anyone seen this?

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1407010.htm

hello and welcome to the sale of my 550bhp drag spec nissan pulsar gtir
with nearly 40k spent, the car is in outstanding condition with about 12 folders of hks reciets and jun machine shop bills, And is used everyday as a family car (genuine) with full interior, i am the only owner of this car in the uk and have had it for over two years, i have reciets for everything,

engine, internally i will start from top to bottom,

hks 264 camshafts
hks valve springs
hks titainium retainers
hks valve guides
hks valve stem seals

hks 2mm metal head gasket
hks 87.5mm piston kit
jun super conrods
hks hardened cylinder liners
hks billet steel crankshaft

engine was bored using a dummy head torqued into place to ensure perfect piston and cylinder allignment,
and head and throttle body have been ported and polished and the whole engine build including brand new timing chain and tensinor kit ACL big end and main bearings and complete uprated gasket set carried out by jun machine shop, you cant get better than that.

Engine external mods are,
hks s40i spark plugs
hks 680cc injectors, running 72%duty cycle
hks oil catch can and breather
hks top mounted gt 30-37s turbo kit
hks exhaust manifold
hks 3"down pipe
full custom 3" exhaust
hks external wastegate
hks gt front mount intercooler and steel pipe work
hks oil cooler
hks oil pump
hks oil filter relocation kit
hks sequential dump valve
hks f-con pro gold eddition ecu
hks evc 6 boost controller dash inserted
hks twin plate clutch
hks battery relocation kit
hks oil temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure and water temp gauges
nismo solid engine mounts
`
mapped by sam at tdi where car made 552bhp at 2 bar boost pressure, boost controller set at low-0.9 bar of boost med-1.35 bar of boost and high-1.8 bar of boost. engine is rated for 750+bhp, his comments were'it seems a very strong engine it just laughed at all the abuse we threw at it on the dyno and road test'

0-60 3.27 secs
0-100 7.92
quater mile 10.87 secs
all done on v-box
£40k worth of mods also £4000 of v-power fuel reciets as thats the fuel it has been mapped to run on . i would also like to say that this car represented hks at the hks drag meet in japan, i have paper work and time sheets to prove. the engine is very strong as its only covered 14000 miles and is very quite no tapping attall like most .

the only thing i am not sure of is the gear box as it is unknown but seems strong and i cant see it being standard.

cash offers may be considered..but please no insults i am fully aware you can purchase a average pulsar for £1500 but not one like this
thanks for looking there is proberly lots i have forgott £7999 cash or £10,000 part ex

please contact me on 01656 784568 or
680cc's at 72% duty, surely not?

Smo

Also, while I think of it - can anyone identify these things below;

I'm assuming the above could be an oil feed to the turbo, although it looks a little thin?

It's also looking like he's running standard ignition.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Clearly a lot of good work gone into the car but 680cc's aren't capable of supporting 550hp.

This doesn't make sense either though:

"mapped by sam at tdi where car made 552bhp at 2 bar boost pressure, boost controller set at low-0.9 bar of boost med-1.35 bar of boost and high-1.8 bar of boost"

Maybe there is a typo or missing fact?

P

pulsarboby

those injectors would never take you to 450 let alone 550bhp.

and he has full folders stating everything about engine yet nobodys botherd to check the gearbox to see what it is.....mmm!

Smo

Clearly a lot of good work gone into the car but 680cc's aren't capable of supporting 550hp.

This doesn't make sense either though:

"mapped by sam at tdi where car made 552bhp at 2 bar boost pressure, boost controller set at low-0.9 bar of boost med-1.35 bar of boost and high-1.8 bar of boost"

Maybe there is a typo or missing fact?
Typo perhaps, but typing '2.0' and '1.8' is simple and hard to do by accident! As is typing 550 twice in the same advert if you meant say 450.

There's definitely a discrepancy regarding the power mate, but it's the spec and mystery items I'm more interested in!

Empty Pockets

He might not have a clue about cars, seen a few spec lists on this forum with the same thing listed twice or with a different name, as said already, looks like a lot of work has gone into it and deffo been done for performance and not looks, As an example, I've receipts here for a motec and volk te37's i no longer have but have kept as its got the cars reg on, he might just be reading receipts that came with the car, especially if he bought it direct from Japan, on the other hand though, the mighty spec engine could have been replaced for a standard one before it left Japan lol. You could phone wherever it was mapped with the reg and see what they can tell you about it? Definitely doesn't look standard though, and if it was fully prepared in japan it would be nice to see what little bits and bobs they've done to it, someone who lives local to it and owns a 400hp pulsar should go and test drive it..... then report back lol.

Smo

He might not have a clue about cars, seen a few spec lists on this forum with the same thing listed twice or with a different name, as said already, looks like a lot of work has gone into it and deffo been done for performance and not looks, As an example, I've receipts here for a motec and volk te37's i no longer have but have kept as its got the cars reg on, he might just be reading receipts that came with the car, especially if he bought it direct from Japan, on the other hand though, the mighty spec engine could have been replaced for a standard one before it left Japan lol. You could phone wherever it was mapped with the reg and see what they can tell you about it? Definitely doesn't look standard though, and if it was fully prepared in japan it would be nice to see what little bits and bobs they've done to it, someone who lives local to it and owns a 400hp pulsar should go and test drive it..... then report back lol.
Yeah fair point - I wouldn't begrudge anyone a mistake on the spec like that, all it takes - like you said - is an old receipt or perhaps a copied and pasted spec list from previous dates.

Still - does anyone have a clue what those things are I've circled above? I'm baffled!

Thor

He has the same turbos as mine and i had 507 hp at 2.3 bar of boost and 1000cc injectors. So the 552 hp are not possible i think.

vss irvine

the mystery items look like 2 re-useable fuel fiters, and if its running a roller bearing turbo the oil feed doesnt need to be massive.

odins car ran standard (ish) ignition at 500-odd hp and grant mckelvies cars runs standard ignition at 510hp so its not unheard of.

ashills

yep i used to run the evo round the other way to mount the coil packs on and to clear aftermarket plenum

pulsar_stu

This is the gtir that was on ebay about 2 years ago. it was being sold by an importer and was listed as a hks demo car. i think it was listed at £10k