3071R on standard manifold oil drain.

I just elongated the wholes so it would fit over the studs, cut the bend off and used some hose, was grief tho i must admit

grim_d

Unfortunately the original flange and block fitting have been modified to accept a hose but the hose was so kinked it was almost closed so that's why I'm looking for a neater solution as I suspect it a contributing factor to my high oil pressure.

red reading

It is not a contributing factor to your oil pressure, the engine is a tight clearence engine, with all brand new shell, a reground crank,and a new oil pump......you would soon be moaning if it was low oil pressure! Use a standard elbo with elongated holes and a piece of aero quip hose.

grim_d

I'm not moaning, have just read about blocked oil drains causing high oil pressure. Contributing factor or not I'm not satisfied with the oil drain being as kinked as it had become and as such want a neater solution and just interested in what people are using.

It would cause high oil pressure in the turbo and result in failed seals and you would have loads of blue smoke if it was blocked, as red says it would not cause high engine oil pressure i can see what your trying to do i do consider mine a bit of a 'weak point'.

red reading

As said use aero quip hose, ps ball bearing turbos have a restrictor in them to as said restric oil flow, they actually Can have a much smaller return than a journal bearing turbo, the hole is so small a thin shard of paint little bigger than a human hair can block it.....as happened to me. You could also fit a spring inside the hose to stop it kinking.