3071 group buy! interest?

MATTYGREEN

ashills said:
will bolt straight to standard manifold a few little mods are needed to fit but all very simple
there wount be a great deal of difference between the 2 housings in power gains the bigger houing will breath better top end with maybe a few 100 rpm worse spool up

dooie is using a .64 housing and has made 420bhp at 1.7-8 bar
an evo we supplied the 3076 to but with a gt40 compressor cover only made 440 at 2 bar on a 2.3 stroker lump with good cams so i think the T25 flange and exhaust outlet is the limiting factor on these turbos with regard to bhp limits

but upto 450 is still a god limit for a straight bolt on turbo we recon

I'm looking into a bigger turbo soon, and might be interested, but am just a little confused?

You say Stu's R made 420bhp @ around 1.7-1.8bar on this turbo, but Thunder Gods made 399.7bhp @ 1.4bar??? So how much boost would you need to make 450bhp??

O

Odin

MATTYGREEN said:
I'm looking into a bigger turbo soon, and might be interested, but am just a little confused?

You say Stu's R made 420bhp @ around 1.7-1.8bar on this turbo, but Thunder Gods made 399.7bhp @ 1.4bar??? So how much boost would you need to make 450bhp??

Totally different turbos old chap ;-) ...

Rob

F

Fusion Ed

I think in reality stu was probably running a bit less boost than that as well.

O

Odin

Fusion Ed said:
I think in reality stu was probably running a bit less boost than that as well.
So was I :lol: :lol: :lol: , When it blew up on the rollers the other week we noticed that it was set to 1.3 bar :thumbsup: , I think I'd swap the extra power for stu's quick spool up though :cry: ...

Rob

GTiR_Mic

If you look at one of Boucherrie's recent post's he made just under 370bhp at 1.2bar on the GT3071R turbo.

Mic

ashills said:
will bolt straight to standard manifold a few little mods are needed to fit but all very simple
Which would involve?
Will the standard manifold need spaccing out?
Will the exhaust need modifying or will the turbo mount us as standard?
And how soon are they available?
Thanx, Ben

O

Odin

R called Jay said:
Which would involve?
Will the standard manifold need spaccing out?
Will the exhaust need modifying or will the turbo mount us as standard?
And how soon are they available?
Thanx, Ben
Everything will be the same apart from the oil return pipe which will need a very minor mod to make it work properly, The oil and water feed pipes will fit the same as the standard turbo as will the exhaust ;-) ......

You will also need to fit a new inlet pipe and the intercooler pipe will need modding as well, But its all very easy stuff to sort out, Even for a numpty :lol: .

Rob

ashills

Thunder God said:
Everything will be the same apart from the oil return pipe which will need a very minor mod to make it work properly, The oil and water feed pipes will fit the same as the standard turbo as will the exhaust ;-) ......

You will also need to fit a new inlet pipe and the intercooler pipe will need modding as well, But its all very easy stuff to sort out, Even for a numpty :lol: .

Rob
yep as rob said above
avaliablity is soon as we see what the interest is, we can start taking payments and get the turbos ordered i will contact them and check what sort of numbers they have in stock but usually have a load ready to be assembled
if u desperately need one we can order yours straight away
better mention that one hole on exhaust 5 bolt flange will need filing to fit but all new turbos need that even t28 replacements

O

Odin

ashills said:
better mention that one hole on exhaust 5 bolt flange will need filing to fit but all new turbos need that even t28 replacements

:doh: I knew I'd forget something :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....

Rob

A

andrew

How long will it take to fit it with the modifications?
If so what deal can you work out to fit it on my car
if it is a day job i'll be interested pm me detAILS PLEASE
fwd gti-r

O

Odin

Andrew said:
How long will it take to fit it with the modifications?
If so what deal can you work out to fit it on my car
if it is a day job I'll be interested pm me details PLEASE
fwd gti-r
It took me a couple of hours of fiddling about to make mine fit ok, You just need a good quality file (little round one) and drill bits really, All you need to do is elongate the oil return pipes bolt holes as well as one of the holes in the elbow's five bolt flange.....

You will need to make up a new inlet pipe, So you will need a 2.75" samco hose that reduces or matches you inlet pipe work, And if you have a hybrid cooler kit then you need to cut it off where it starts getting smaller on the bit that bolts to the standard turbo, Then you will need a 2" to 2.5" samco reducer and probably another short length of 2.5" pipe and another 2.5" samco coupler......

Or if you can weld you can just weld on another bit of alloy pipe to your hybrid pipe work, That way you will just need the 2" to 2.5" samco reducer......

hope that all makes sense :oops: :oops: ...

Rob

ashills

fitting in a day could be a little difficult as would need to order the right samco's to suit your intercoler etc but if u can see what sizes we would need they could be sorted in advance so should all be sorted in a day
ill ask ed tomorrow about what he would charge labour wise i would think around the £100 mark plus the samco's etc needed
flexible oil and water feeds are a nice to have extra when fitting these aswell

cheers allen

Dan_GTiR

This sounds like a very good deal.

What is the specifications of the compressor & turbine, ie. trim, wheel diameter etc.

I may well be interested in one, but got to see what the funds will allow.

Will get back in touch if it's all good to go ;)

Dan.

M

minimivic

How soon could I have 1 of these?
Everyone is talking me into a 3071 and its hard to resist anymore..lol