300mm hi spec brake disc

oggy01

i have 300mm hi spec brakes disc on the front of my R and they are a little bit warped now, im just wondering if its possible to get them skimmed or will i have to get myself a new set?

Trip

if the disks got warped, it means they got exposed to a sudden cold shock, red hot brake disks being exposed to water which might also induce hairline cracks especially if they are drilled .

I suggest you get them replaced for piece of mind.

oggy01

you can send them to hispec and they will examine them and skim them for you
i phoned them and the bloke that answered the phone did'nt no anything i asked him he told me the kit i have dosnt even exist so dont want to deal with them ever again, if i dont have to.

olliecast

Warped discs tends to be a myth. What makes them vibrate tends to be variation in disc thickness caused by improper bedding in or clamping pads onto a hot disc.

I personally change the discs as mentioned above,

Cheers,
Ollie

gtir303

i have the same kit ,i had mine skimmed by my local engeering company,i sent the calipers back to hispec with the bells to have them refurbed and reanodised and dont get me wrong they looked really good ,shame the person who rebuilt them did checked them properly tho cause when i went down the road,the seals wepped the brakes then failed i nearly crashed and my newly painted wheel were fucked,so rushed them down there the guy checked them and even tho u could see were the seals were wheeping he said they were fine but he had changed them anyway .sorry but if they were fine why change them ,just something to bear in mind