300 afm pin outs

A

antilag

got one for £50 finally, does anywon have a wirering diagram for this so i no wat wires go where or do i have to do it the hard way :cry:

A

antilag

cheers mate ig to the 300zx side of things now :D :D but were can i get a diagram of our standrd afm pin outs?????sorry in advance for being a pain :lol:

G

gotoinstant-redline

where did you get it??

i want one of these! also i tried the 300zx site.. lots of posts but i couldnt read any of them! do i need to reg to read em??

L.

JU5TY

Just got back from picking up my 300zx AFM... Had to pay £120 for mine, but is mint! :D

Thanks antilag for the tip off... :wink:

nismoboy

I can`t get these links to work can anyone write out the wiring diagram for me as i really need this information,i would be very grateful thanks nis.

Also will the car run ok if you fit the 300zx afm or will it need to be set up by an rr tuner ?

thanks for your help.

A

antilag

that link is a big file mate it takes about 5 mins to cum up on my screen

nismoboy

Ive downloaded it and saved it but when i use the notepad to read it it come up as jibberish just numbers. Can anyone help?

A

antilag

ginga seems to think that u need to dial this in with sum kinda fuel controller or aftermarket ecu so b very careful wen u fit it just incase.i dont think that diagram shows which wires go were very well anyway mate

ashills

nismoboy said:
Ive downloaded it and saved it but when i use the notepad to read it it come up as jibberish just numbers. Can anyone help?
needs to be viewed in adobe reader there PDF files

M

memski

antilag said:
ginga seems to think that u need to dial this in with sum kinda fuel controller or aftermarket ecu so b very careful wen u fit it just incase.i dont think that diagram shows which wires go were very well anyway mate
Yeah you do, apparently it runs richer on idle and leaner midrange....

nismoboy

ashills said:
u can use the Apexi afc to select that type of MAF then it adjust saccordingly
Can i do the same thing with a unichip? what i mean is fit the 300zx afm then go to my local rr tuner and get the unichip mapped again for the bigger afm.Would this work?

ashills

i dont really know much about the uni chip but i would suppose so as its a mappable chip so just needs to learn the afm

G

gotoinstant-redline

i was told then the unichip can support a larger maf or even a 3 bar map sensor. best to ask you mapper before you spend the dosh tho.. if they know what they are doing, they will be able to answer you question.

L.

GINGA

I've fitted my 300zx maf now :D and the wiring diagram http://www.sr20development.com/Instructions/Z32-MAF.pdf isn't quite accurate (as it says in the text) the power and signal wires were round the opposite way on mine which could have been a bit dodgy for the ecu if i hadn't have noticed :roll: basically the 2 centre wires are both earths and connected to the centre white wire on the R loom, the signal wire which is probably either B or E on the 300zx connector connects to the larger of the 2 orange wires on the R loom, (you can easily tell the signal wire off the 300zx maf as when it is stripped back it will be a silver colour where as the rest are the normal bronze colour) and the wire that comes off B or E thats not a silver colour when stripped back is the power wire and connects to the remaining orange wire on the R loom :wink:
This may be different for other R's so be careful, best way to check which wire does what on the R loom is with a multimeter, with the maf connected and the car running with the rubber cover on the back of the connector pulled back so you can get at the wiring the readings should be these
1 wire should have battery voltage down it about 14v with engine running this is your power wire
1 wire should have about 1-1.5volts with the engine running at idle this is your signal wire
1 wire should have next to bugger all volts and this is your earth.

As another note your air filter may not fit on the 300zx maf as the bolt holes are different (unless you've got a apexi that is) so you may need to change that aswell or just redrill your air filter mounting plate as I did :wink:

M

memski

Just checked mine and the silver wire is B - as pictured in the diagram. Thanks Ging, good bit of info there!