3" turbo elbows again ;-)

STU666V

id be willing to stick the standard car on the rollers, get a print out.

then fit the elbow and do another dyno run?

be at the end of the month though..........
That would be great Martyn, remember and screw the boost up on the second run ;-) Joking!!

Do you think it will it will make much differance on a standard car or more differance an a modded car?

Do you want to try this elbow or MK2 elbow? ;-)

Would anyone be interested in a V-band elbow? will line up easier, no gaskets etc

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'd be really interested to see the results of that; I suspect it has more effect on a modified car, but this would give you a real figure for the performance increase from the elbow. Plus the dyno run will also show the change in turbo spool to achieve the same boost.

vss irvine

it would probably make more difference on a car running more boost, but still be good to see what it does.

ill do it on a car we've just bought, as its running 1 bar.

i dont mind which elbow you want to use, got a couple weeks to decide so mk2 might be ready by then!

ill trial fit it at our workshop first before i go to dyno. maybe use the same place you used

STU666V

it would probably make more difference on a car running more boost, but still be good to see what it does.

ill do it on a car we've just bought, as its running 1 bar.

i dont mind which elbow you want to use, got a couple weeks to decide so mk2 might be ready by then!

ill trial fit it at our workshop first before i go to dyno. maybe use the same place you used
Ok,
Will see if i have an other made by then,

I will email them and ask if we can use there rollers?
Ta

shroom

it's a good idea spikey doing this till you need to work on the car, at least put a join in under the sump to make life easier
Very very true even that AM downpipe and elbow was a cocking load of crap to get in or do anything with was a nightmare.

Spikey

well im using his Downpipe so i only gotta make the elbow to join. Ill get pics up.
On my own car i have the elbow joined with the downpipe

snoon

I think the true test with these elbows is the difference in BHP V's increases in boost.

I mean, when I had a standard elbow and turbo, at 1 Bar I got (Can't remember exactly but IIRC) 290BHP, 1.2 Bar 310BHP, 1.4 Bar 315BHP.

With a 3" elbow & downpipe I got, 1 Bar 310BHP, 1.2 325BHP, 1.4 Bar 345BHP

With the standard elbow it just wasn't worth running anything over 1.2 bar as it made very little difference.

I still say it was the best thing I ever did to my R.

Perrin21

:) i cant wait till tomorrow. Will post some pics and a full write up asap after its on. Im hoping it will bring me some extra BHP when the remap comes along very soon.

Last edited:

Perrin21

Unfortunately nothings free with the Pulsar, and as ive just had a massive credit card bill, the elbow will have to wait a little longer.

Last edited:

STU666V

Got a new turbo flange today, looks ok but one of the holes dont line up! will need to modify it,

The oval to 3" round adaptor is apaulling fit!!

Could make a better one my self!! ;-)

vpulsar

My first turbo upgrade had one hole out when I tried to bolt it to the janspeed 3" down pipe I had, So I had to elongate one holes to suit so I'm assuming you got the flange or it came from the states originally.

John

STU666V

My first turbo upgrade had one hole out when I tried to bolt it to the janspeed 3" down pipe I had, So I had to elongate one holes to suit so I'm assuming you got the flange or it came from the states originally.

John
I bought it in the UK but might be from the states?
I have put in an order from ATP in the states last night so will see what they are like when they arrive.

iomegalinux

just wanna show a simple elbow made for my pulsar, need a little bit of fitting for now.
it will cost me less then 100$ cad (around 55 gbp) to do it.
i had to flatten the turn because of the alternator, so yes this is a reallyyyyy long elbow but turn verrryyy smooth at the same time
yes i'll grind the welding before putting it on.
2 flange + a long 3" - 90 degre elbow give this :

Last edited: