3'' Turbo Elbow

P

pulsarboby

heres a photo if i can get it to come up on here of a 3'' turbo elbow ive just made from a 200sx turbo elbow:-D

lots of cutting and welding but is all looking good, and should be a big improvement over standard thing!
my 3071 with 4'' inlet is now all fitted, just got to move battery to boot and run a 4'' pipe to z32 afm, fit 700cc injectors and then run it down to ed's to get it all mapped!
i may even get my plastic windows and cage fitted before japfest, assuming theres no probs with mapping.

still cant do these photos properly lol can anyone turn this into a photo? one day i will learn how to do it

Last edited by a moderator:

MORF114

open up a putfile account its alot easeir than getting confused with all the internet crap.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Nice work Bobby, glad to see things are coming along, hopefully see it in fine fettle at Jap fest.

P

pulsarboby

ok in answer to your questions

first of all kieron.....in all honesty i dont know whether this ducting is going to be any good! i ordered it in a 10 metre roll and the plan is or was to keep the roll fully coiled for extra strengh, but you will be amazed how stong this stuff really is:-o i cant tear it! its used on aircraft ducting systems, looks flimsy and thin (like tin foil) but its very very strong. but i may run some 4' plastic' terrain pipe internally of the ducting, for even more strengh, as the last thing i want is the pipe being sucked onto the impellor :lol: i would'nt be laughing then!

andy.....cheers for doing that;-) stella as you requested!

turbodaily......ive only got mig or oxy-setelyne, so i welded with the latter with stainless rod! tig would have been best but ive not got one, but the weld is better than i thought it would be surprisingly!

and trip...whats this monkey thing your on about?:lol:

morf.....i ended up using 8 exhaust manifold gaskets as a spacer from block, but still had to grind a little off the casing by the gearbox bolt, you were all right!!! it's a very snug fit indeed.
im gonna relocate battery to boot today, then i can fire it up and check for leaks etc!

turbodaily

looks good mate, how long did it take you to do? im running a stock elbow on my 3071, wonder how much improvement there would be to do this myself...

Keira

pulsarboby said:
first of all kieron.....in all honesty i dont know whether this ducting is going to be any good! i ordered it in a 10 metre roll and the plan is or was to keep the roll fully coiled for extra strengh, but you will be amazed how stong this stuff really is:-o i cant tear it! its used on aircraft ducting systems, looks flimsy and thin (like tin foil) but its very very strong. but i may run some 4' plastic' terrain pipe internally of the ducting, for even more strengh, as the last thing i want is the pipe being sucked onto the impellor :lol: i would'nt be laughing then!
i was going to say it looks like the flexi they use on ducting systems, i dont think it will be up to the job tbh.

this is the stuff normally used

clicky

P

pulsarboby

kieron.....ive been looking everywhere for that stuff but couldnt find it:doh:
there is a 28 day delivery though, which aint no good as i need car done for the 17th may!
but like you i have to agree that it may not be upto the job!
only thing i can think of as a temporary measure is to line the ducting with terrain pipe to stop it sucking in, and buggering up my turbo, i dont think it will rip as its very strong, but it could collapse under vacuum pressure even with it fully coiled!

dan.....was a good day to work out the angles 2 of them! and weld it up.
not sure what the power gains will be untill car is on rollers, but i have no previous reading anyway, so i still wont know!
but theres got to be a significant improvement over standard elbow.

jim.....cheers mate! im trying my best to get done in time for japfest! i dont want to end up taking another one of my old sh1tters:roll: :lol:
everything on car will need setting up for track, thats why ive booked a half day track day on friday before japfest, to see if i can get suspension sorted out, and eliminate any teething probs which i may have!
car has only just covered 100 miles since i rebuilt engine, so anything could and probably will go wrong!
only time and a bit of mileage will tell:lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I hope to see your new car there finally, I'll be glad if mine get ther and go round the track a few times with out anything falling off again. :doh:

I was cutting chunks out of my front suspension tower over the weekend becasue I've fabricated some castor plates and also swapped springs around. I've got 6 free evenings left before Japfest to finish the alignment and mapping. I wish I'd left my suspension alone now and just focussed on finishing off the mapping.

P

pulsarboby

Trip said:
That ducting will also disrupt the flow
not with a big lump of plastic terrain pipe inside, it wont:lol:
i will however get some proper stuff now i know where to get it from!

jim....whats the old saying!!! if it aint broke dont fix it, im sure you'll get it all sorted in time!