3" Exhaust

N

Ninja_tune_factory

so the goos that they do in 3" do it go back down to 2 1/2" over the axle?

youngsyp

lionel_white_R said:
Do you mean Mongoose ? As far as I knew, they are 2.5" all the way through. Could be wrong though !!

I had mine made and it is 3" from the turbo and tapers down to 2.5" just before the cat pipe. I agree, a 3" would fit but, as said, it would be tight and may knock around a bit.

M

MarkMc

r5ben said:
does anyone do anythin with the turbo elbow ?? i posted about the dump pipes that the big bhp R S USE AND THE 200 SX BOY BUT ANYONE USE THIS PIPE ??
I’ve got what they call a screamer pipe. Comes off the external waste gate. There better for performance less back pressure, spins the turbo up quicker :wink: and all that. They can be a bit loud though especially over 5000rpm, but the good thing is you can hardly hear it :eek: over the straight cut gears and diff. Now where were those ear plugs :lol:

R

r5ben

woooo someone knows what im talking about :roll: thats a first ! where did you get the screamer pipe from mate ?? :wink:
ive just fitted my new decat and the car is so loud now its abit to loud :cry:

Keira

ben, a screamer pipe isn't anything to do with the turbo elbow, the exhaust gases still exit the tubby direct into the exhaust, the external wastegate has its own little exhaust which can either be returned in somewhere down the main exaust or just dump to atmosphere, which is not allowed in england :wink:

the split dumps which you're on about and which allen made just seperate the exhaust and wastegate gases supposedly creating better flow.

R

r5ben

now i get ya :wink: so is there a power gain to be had from this ??
and woudnt it sound ace if it dump to atmosphere :D or does it not make a noise :roll: know one will see it anyway lol

Keira

It can be done on an internal wastegate but you'd have to get a good seal around the wastegate and exhaust outlet of the turbo, which would probably be grief :cry:

do a search cos it's come up before.

Theres definately gains to be had by seperating the 2 gasses wether its more power or faster spool it does improve the car.

I run a 3" front pipe including bigger elbow on mine, but would need to have a before and after dyno comparisson to see if if its improved anything, although the missus said it was quicker after i fitted it :lol:

Mr GTiR

lionel_white_R said:
Lionel, that bollocks! I have a 3" exhaust on mine all the way from the dump pipe back to the 5Zigen rear muffler.

The 3" Goose has not been made yet cos my car is still at www.ADRMotorsport.co.uk and will be another 6 weeks before it's finished. It will be late November before i can get my car to Blueflame so i think it will be after xmas before any 3" exhaust systems will be available.

M

memski

Blueflame made my custom 3". It can be done but they vowed never to do another one 13hours after finishing with my car :lol:

Mr GTiR

memski said:
Blueflame made my custom 3". It can be done but they vowed never to do another one 13hours after finishing with my car :lol:
lol, as soon as i get my car back to them they are producing a jig off mine and will start producing them :)

MarkTurbo

kieron said:
the external wastegate has its own little exhaust which can either be returned in somewhere down the main exaust or just dump to atmosphere, which is not allowed in england :wink:
Mines going straight to atmosphere :wink: :twisted:

Who cares if its not allowed :mrgreen:

M

MarkMc

MarkTurbo said:
Mines going straight to atmosphere :wink: :twisted:
Who cares if its not allowed :mrgreen:
So does mine. I'll get it plumbed back into the main exhaust system if I need to at a latter date.

youngsyp

memski said:
they vowed never to do another one 13hours after finishing with my car :lol:
That's exactly what Hayward & Scott said, after the did mine :lol: It took them a day and a half to get the old elbow off :shock:

Davey

Just wondering, when exhaust sizes are mentioned, are they always inside, or outside diameter (inside would make more sense)
I know it wont be a huge difference, was just wondering :wink:

M

memski

Inner diameter. Will get some pics of mine as i'm very happy with the end result.

A

AndrewD

memski said:
Inner diameter. Will get some pics of mine as i'm very happy with the end result.
actually its the outside diameter, given your desired thickness then you can work out the inside diameter