3" Dump pipes being made in US.

A

Anonymous

Guys,

I just wantedt to reply on this forum to let you all know that I am the one organizing this project.

Currently we are making this 3 inch exhaust housing elbow or j-pipe for both the Nissan Garrett T25 and T28 turbos. I am craving more power out of these stock turbos and I know with this product it can be done.

Currently the project is underway and we expect to have a prototype within the next 4-5 weeks. I have seen a number of GTiR people come over to the www.sr20forum.com forum and show some interest. I have talked to the company doing this and he has agreed to make more but we will need more response from you overseas guys to make this happen.

Since we both use the same turbo this should work out just the same. My only concern is that the bungs you guys have may not be the same thread pitch we use in the States for our oxygen sensors. If someone could provide me with an answer to this I can get back to the company and let them know. The plan is to make sure that the j-pipe will be the same length as the stock so that it can be bolted right up to any other 3 inch turbo back system. You will have your choice of how you get the item with the following;

* routed back
* dumped into atmosphere
* number of bungs
* coating

I will need a count on those who are definately interested then we will work closely with you guys to make sure this item fits properly for you. I'll need as much feedback as possible so I can show the vendor how hungry you guys are for this product.

Please follow this format and reply on the forum as well as sending me an email with the following;

Name and User Name:
Email Address:
Car make:
Turbo Size:
Current Down pipe size:
Housing configuration wanted:
Matching GT 3 inch down pipe:

Example:
Name: Peter M/NyceP26
Email Address: nycep26@thenyceone.com
Car Make: 1992 Sentra SE-R
Turbo Size: BB T25
Current Downpipe: VRS 3 in down pipe
Housing configuration wanted: routed back, two bungs, steel, no coating
Matching GT 3 inch down pipe: YES

It is imperative I have this so that GT can make the correct combinations for their build.

Thanks.

skiddusmarkus

Can we have them just dumped to atmosphere on a normal turbo?Sounds pretty cool but very noisy I bet.I'd imagine it's the best for power too.

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
Can we have them just dumped to atmosphere on a normal turbo?Sounds pretty cool but very noisy I bet.I'd imagine it's the best for power too.
Those options I listed are the ones available to us right now. That option is predetermined by the consumer when they place their order :D

I'm going to need the rest of you to reply to this thread or over at the sr20forum board.

Cheers

Mr GTiR

skiddusmarkus said:
would that be legal to do that and would it pass an MOT?

if yes then i will be up for the following:

Name and User Name: Andy Chan - Mr GTiR
Email Address: wyc77@hotmaill.com (new email address)
Car make: Nissan Pulsar GTiR
Turbo Size: T28 Hybrid
Current Down pipe size: 3"
Housing configuration wanted: dump to atmosphier, 2 bungs, ceramic coated
Matching GT 3 inch down pipe: No

A

Anonymous

Guys,

I want to try and keep you guys in the loop as much as I can. We have posted a lot of pictures of the progress. Please share some feedback with us to better help improve on the deisgn of the project.

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=65303&page=9

Please email me with any questions, concerns, suggestions etc. Please follow up on the SR20forum if you can or just email me.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

ashills

guys whos up for one of these elbows ive spoken to GT fabrications in the US and there taking orders now so if we want to put a group buy as such and cut the postage a little might be worth ordering soon

he recons they will be with a front pipe that "should" connect to the decat
and be around $350-450 so anyone want one just the sooner we order the better i would have thought

Mr GTiR

as i said on the phone Allen, i'm a bit concerned that the manifold used in the mockup is not a GTiR item but a S13. By the time you bolt up an R manifold i'm just worried that the dump pipe will move too far to the left and catch on the alternator.

I would love one of these but that is my main concern atm.

Allen - no chance of that comp making a 3" version :wink: (nicest part i have seen in a long time) 8)

ashills

yeah im not gonna risk ordering one of these now as looking more it is a s13 manifold so same old postion problems

hopefully i can mock one up then get it made by a fabricator ill let u know how it goes

GINGA

i'm a bit concerned that the manifold used in the mockup is not a GTiR item but a S13
Its not a s13 manifold think its a bluebird one there using which is still slightly different from the gtir one but by how much I'm not sure best to wait for Nikko to reply :lol:

Mr GTiR

Paul, keep us posted cos it does look the bollox!

But then again i have recently seen a 3" d/p which goes into a 3 1/2" downpipe built for Rally cars. It looks sweet as but a bit ob the pricey side.

GINGA

I've posted our concerns on the thread on the sr20 forum so we'll see what happens :wink:
Hopefully this one will be a go'er though and at the prices there quoting with the downpipe to should be good 8)