3" dump pipe help

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Has anybody got any photographs which show the distance between the back of the alternator and the turbine exit (with the turbo mounted on the standard exhaust manifold) so I can see roughly how much space I've got to work with. I need to know this so I can make some rough measurements for a 3 inch dump pipe (turbo elbow). This will benefit us all as I plan to start making a 3" dump pipe/ front pipe which fits onto the Mongoose exhaust.

So all your photos please lads. :wink:

Oh, and has anybody got a spare standard dump pipe they could lend/sell me please.

Keira

think i've got some on my old mans computer from when i got mine made up.

Next time i'm up there i'll post them up.

From what i can remember there was a good 40-50mm clear of the standard elbow.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Just looking at Habibs photo's, and there is no space at all between pipe and alternater, in fact from these photo's it looks like his alternater is going to fry. But he is using an after market tubular manifold and a 3037 turbo, the manifold looks like it's placing the turbo far closer to the alternater than a standard setup, so using a standard manifold with a T28 how much room have we got.

Another option I've concidedred is using a SS Autochrome 200 SX manifold which places the turbo right over towards the back of the block (distributor end), this should create loads of room for a 3" Dump/Front pipe.

Thoughts and photo's anyone.

Oh, and I'll ask again has anybody got a spare standard dump pipe they could lend/sell me please.

Keira

Thats the only photo i've got, must've deleted the ones that i gave H & S, anyway, as you can see loads of room with standard t28 to get a nice bend, mine will be getting cut and re-done some point of next year as this one was designed around aircon :(

think dicsodave has a spare standard dump.

Keira

stevepudney said:
Another option I've concidedred is using a SS Autochrome 200 SX manifold which places the turbo right over towards the back of the block (distributor end), this should create loads of room for a 3" Dump/Front pipe.
Exactly what daves done, he cut and shut the dump pipe for the sx and got it to fit quite nicely.

GINGA

If you cut the flange off the ebay manifold and reposition it at a better angle (like what Paul Randy has done) then it also puts the dump pipes you can get pretty much in the correct position and you don't have to mess around moving your rad forwards etc you'll still need to adjust the downpipe position a bit to mate up with the new dump pipe.