3" down pipe with elbo's

Tony

I thort you could buy the goose, turbo back or cat back.

The pipe i can get made duz hav a flexible joint but not a `flexi` one,
and it retains the standard dump pipe.

Did i metion i can get them made from titanium aswel.

Tony....

Jobi Joba

GTIR Pulsar: what's the price of the dump pipe/down pipe combo?Still available?Is there any prob with the fitting of these parts?Cause I don't want to have my exhaust too closed to my body...

These parts look good to me... :D

gtirpulsar

Sasha is offering the split dump pipe for sale here http://www.gtir.com.au/products.htm
But like I say it would be made by a different exhaust maker, so I can't guarantee it would be the same

The problem I am having is probably due to the stainless manifold, but I will be reccomending to Sasha to move the flexi join 1cm nearer to the engine if he was ever to have them made again, just to ensure the problem never arises for anyone else.

As an aside I took the car for another short blast today. Warmed up the oil and got full revs in 4th, came home and popped the bonnet. Where was the hot blast of air? It was positively cool under there. I spat on the manifold and it didn't bubble at all, so I got brave and licked my finger and gave it a quick pass over the manifold. Yes there was warmth there but not finger burning heat by any means. I like this ceramic coating :D

Jobi Joba

gtirpulsar said:
but I will be reccomending to Sasha to move the flexi join 1cm nearer to the engine if he was ever to have them made again, just to ensure the problem never arises for anyone else.
Do you think he will modify the next batch?

gtirpulsar

If he was to get another batch made (remember that he is not the exhaust maker) then yes I'm sure he would.
Its not really cost effective to have a down pipe sent from Australia. I only did it to minimise the time that my car would be off road.

Jobi Joba

gtirpulsar said:
If he was to get another batch made (remember that he is not the exhaust maker) then yes I'm sure he would.
Its not really cost effective to have a down pipe sent from Australia. I only did it to minimise the time that my car would be off road.
Trouble is I don't know where else I could get that kind of part... :? :cry:

gtirpulsar

I'm waiting for Sasha to become a little less busy - seems he has 5 gtir gearboxes to repair this week. Then I'll ask him and get a quote for how much it would be for both pipes and shipping and pm you.

Jobi Joba

gtirpulsar said:
I'm waiting for Sasha to become a little less busy - seems he has 5 gtir gearboxes to repair this week. Then I'll ask him and get a quote for how much it would be for both pipes and shipping and pm you.
Thx mate!! :wink: