***20th Anniversay North West Convoy***

guider

Sat yeah sorry. Got Friday off work so it feels like weekend to me.

Starter should be here in the morning. I will come with or without starter any way.
I noticed one of my battery connections was loose! Could this cause the starter to fail?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Probably not fail, but definitely it could cause it to not turn. - When the connection is loose you can often get enough power for the dash and ECU etc for fire-up, but not enough current to turn the starter over. I've had that before and fixed it by tapping the connections down a little harder on the terminals (obviously I tightened them properly later).
I guess it could fail if it has a series of "brown" starts (where it doesn't get enough power to turn the motor and so stalls with power going through the windings) - I'm not an electrician so when I say "I guess", I mean it.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
How many cars are in the n/w convoy tomoz?
Dunno, just depends on who comes or joins us!

To all coming on Saturday:

For the conveyors my mobile number is: 07738 177577

If you need to get hold of me, running late or want to find out where we are just bell me on that numbers

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
There's nobody else coming from North Wales by the look of it, so I'll see you all (well everyone who's in at that stage) at Knutsford... unless I see Geoff on the M56 heading for the same meeting point.

geoff pine

There's nobody else coming from North Wales by the look of it, so I'll see you all (well everyone who's in at that stage) at Knutsford... unless I see Geoff on the M56 heading for the same meeting point.
George do you want to meet at Chester services ? mini convoy :lol:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Which one is Chester Services; the shell about half way along? - Sounds like a plan; what time do I need to be there?

geoff pine

Which one is Chester Services; the shell about half way along? - Sounds like a plan; what time do I need to be there?
The one near Chester :lol: its the only service on the m56 as far as i know
i will get my self up there for around 12.20 its only about 35 minutes to knutsford if that .

geoff pine

Well there's good news and bad news my new OE crank pulley is in transit from the states the bad news once again on filling the shed up I'm left standing in a puddle of tesco's 99 .It did smell of petrol yesterday with half a tank full but i could fined no obvious leaks is it volvo time :lol:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
That's a shame; seems like we're dropping like flies at the moment... I'm trying to touch wood and type.

See you at about 12:20!

geoff pine

Well its definitely Volvo time had it in the air and found a loose clip on the filler pipe so then tried to neck it but found out its pissing out of the top of the tank vie the doughnut . don't think its road worthy so its looks like i may as well drop the tank and renew all the hoses at the same time .its not all bad as the Volvo has air con see you at 12.20 George :thumbsup:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
There was definitely more than 20... perhaps that's how many dropped-out. Definitely looked good from my vantage point on top of the Monster motocross truck - they let me climb on it to take some photos if I promised not to fall off and sue them.