***20th Anniversay North West Convoy***

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Its time to start to sort out some convoy information from the North West to the 20th Anni show in May.

What I'm going to is start from the top of Lancashire and make our way down to Towcaster, stopping at certain service stations along the M6 to pick up more GTiR's

Start point will be: Saturday 22nd May

Forton Services M6 J32-33 (near Lancaster) Depart: 12pm (midday)

Charnock Richards M6 J27-28 Arrival: 12:30pm Depart: 12:45pm

Knutsford Services M6 J18-19 Arrival: 13:15pm Depart: 13:30pm

Keele Services M6 J15-16 Arrival: 13:50pm Depart: 14:05pm

M6 via Toll Road (no way am I going to sit in Birmingham traffic jams and be subjected to 50mph average speed camera for 10 miles!)

Corley Services M6 J3-4 Arrival: 15:05pm Depart: 15:20pm

ETA at the campsite: 16:20pm

That gives us plenty of time to get lost, account for possible traffic jams, pop to the local Shell garage and get food from the Supermarket for our communal BBQ and beer drinking :thumb:

All these arrival times are estimates*

To all coming on Saturday:

For the conveyors my mobile number is: 07738 177577

If you need to get hold of me, running late or want to find out where we are just bell me on that numbers

Any problems let me know

Cheers

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'll pick up the convoy at this point:

Knutsford Services M6 J18-19 Arrival: 13:15pm Depart: 13:30pm
If anyone wants to roll that far with me, I figure it's about 45 minutes from Mold; mainly along the M56. - I can be waiting somewhere like Beaufort Park from 12:15 to depart at 12:30 (but am open to other suggestions).

Better book my camping soon!

That gives us plenty of time to get lost, account for possible traffic jams, pop to the local Shell garage
Oh, you've travelled with me before then?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
*Bump* - I was just wondering how many people we'd be picking-up at each stop.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
*Bump* - I was just wondering how many people we'd be picking-up at each stop.
Don't know, this is just the plan to get down there. If people want to tag along then they know what time to be there and I'll see you there around that time

I'll add my mobile number closer to the time if people want to contact me on the day if they are running late or we are running late :thumb:

stevie leese

N/W convoy to JTS

is the N/W convoy going down on saturday or sunday? im not going to be able to leave J14(m6 stafford)4.30pmh, will this be too late for you all or might i be able to catch you up(obviously abiding by the speed limit, its not my fault i may forget that im not in Germany!!) cheers steve

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Saturday for all the people camping overnight.

I think you'll miss us by about 2 hours, but obviously you'll catch us up again at the camp site (assuming that's where you're also heading).

Hill_Billy

For the Saturday Stevie...

I'm gonna be at the Campsite stupidly early... :(

I get into holyhead at 0530AM LOL :(

ETA campsite 9/10 AM

guider

My fucking starter motor has started being a dick! Still starts at the moment but u can be sure it will be fooked got sat. Not the end of the world though

stevie leese

i have sorted it now so i can join the convoy so will be meeting you at Keele services if thats ok? am i right in thinking i need to be at keel for 13.50pm? can i have your number so can double check your on time on the day? cheers steve

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is there nobody breaking a car, in Manchester for example, that could get you a working starter in time?

guider

I have put a post up in probs section but I'm finding it hard to get round the site on my phone. Moved house recently and I'm not connected yet. If any body sees anything my no is 07871062036