200sx Tubular Mani

GTiR_Mic

Alright folks,

Just a quick message to see if anyone has bought one of these and how they managed to fit it.

Just got one for the R and just wanted to see how other got on with it.

Mic

S

Sirnixalot

i would actually like to know if its gone this long without cracking?

Muppet you still around these parts?

GTiR_Mic

After a wee talk with Rob (Vpulsar) going to take the car down to the company in Newcastle get them to make a custom 3" down pipe and then get some custom supports for the manifold.

Hopefully that will stop the unwanted stress on it. Not to sure yet how it is going to look with the new tubby on it and if it is going to need re-welding.

Mic

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
GTiR_Mic said:
After a wee talk with Rob (Vpulsar) going to take the car down to the company in Newcastle get them to make a custom 3" down pipe and then get some custom supports for the manifold.

Hopefully that will stop the unwanted stress on it. Not to sure yet how it is going to look with the new tubby on it and if it is going to need re-welding.

Mic

That would be the company whose details he'll be getting from me... :lol: :wink:

This was the company who made my tubular mani and IC Pipework...

Rishi

S

Sirnixalot

make sure the bolt holes for the manifold supports have some play in them and dont torque em down too tight

i still dont believe in manifold supports because of simple thermal dynamics, the support may not expand at the same rate or in the same direction as the manifold/turbo and may actually cause cracking rather than prevent it. The manifold runners, flanges and welds should be off the proper spec to hold the weight up (as well as the manifold studs).

That being said they have become quite popular, i dont know if anyones had problems with them or not.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
The company carrying out these mods is the same that made my custom mani... its been going for a year with no problems at all...

So should be ok..

Rishi