1st Gear Misfire When Launching

D

Dewis

I have recently had problems with my R misfiring in 1st gear when launching at about 4.5k ish. It doesn't do it all the time just kind of when it feels like it! :roll: If i pull away normally then floor it, it's fine, only when pulling away at higher revs.
I have recently changed fuel filter, plugs, leads, distributer and rotor arm to cure another misfire i had, any ideas? Is it just me not giving it enough revs?? :oops:

Cheers in advance

D

Dewis

It lurches quite badly, so guessing this is probably fuel starvation then?? I'm not really sure of the difference between a missfire and fuel starvation! :oops:
Could the amount of petrol in the car effect this?

Ta

T

tonygtir

it could be a dirty air flow meter i had that problem just took it off and blew it through worked fine after that

D

Dewis

Recently read some posts about how people don't say whether ideas have solved the problem, so i'm just posting to say that having more petrol in the tank cures the misfire/fuel cut i was getting.
I guess in my case it's the same sort of thing as the left hand turn fuel cut R's have when having less than 1/4 of a tank.

Cheers