17" alloys

Smo

They put more stress on the entire drivetrain. The bigger the wheel, the bigger the rotational force. Not to mention wheels over 16" (I've used 16s as an example as most big-brake setups won't fit under 15s) will hamper both the acceleration and handling of the car.

Smo

It's entirely up to you really. It's just fact that larger wheels reduce performance (acceleration and handling) and put more strain on the gearbox and associated parts. However plenty of people run larger wheels without much issue, but should you (in a standard car with 15s and good rubber) come up against another standard R with 18s and good rubber, you'd kick his ass.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
They are more likely to catch in the wheel arch is all.
Technically you get less acceleration, and a higher top speed... but that's kinda academic.

None of the difs are especially stressed as long as you have the same size all round (because there is no work on them - by that I mean they aren't trying to split the torque because the wheels are turning at different rates).

vss irvine

ill be running 18" wheels on our next car, our white car is running 17" just now and havent had any problems with it.

didnt seem to hamper it at the last track day!

shroom

yer my R handles brilliantly on 17" makes them look so much better on 17" and its hard to make a pulsar look good lol

R R' us

its only because i can get oz supertorimos' cheap and i hate my wolfrace shite that came with the car...so i should go 4 it then

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It starts...

If it's any consolation, I've got a set of 16" wolfrace rims sitting in my yard too. The plan was to put snow tyres on them.... or maybe trackday tyres... or maybe road tyres....
I've got a Nismo exhaust too... complete with a shot backbox (but the middle section looks ok)... and a spare decat...

I'm always saving for the next thing, and at the moment it looks like that needs to be a clutch master cylinder.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's silenced too. I had a straight-through one, but it was rust-welded to the flanges so I had to use an angle grinder to free it.

Tim

If you are wanting shot of the wolfraces and they clear wilwood 330's then let me know how much you want for them :thumb:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Sorry, I got that wrong; they are Fox R2s and one of them is particularly scuffed. I have no idea if they'd fit over 330s because I've got grooved and drilled standard discs.

Tim

Errm, from the picture it looks like they will go on, do you know the offset?

PM me a price :thumb: