10K boost

kyepan

on my can it said directly into the turbo..

so you have to take the intake hose off.. i think it can mess up the maf if you put it into the inlet tract.

erm.. however when i took the hose off, the maf could not read the air flow and it ran like a pig.. i sprayed for the ammount of time.. (on the first go)and then the fan kicked in and it stalled.. when trying to adjust the rpm to deal with the electrical load.

i didn't bother with it after that..

if you could get a long tube down the inlet tract that bypasses the maf and ends just before the impellor and spray through that you won't have a problem.. i never got round to that..

hope this helps

JB

nitrosgti-r

this didnt really help much as i dont know much about turbo's. I thought the turbo inlet was the one where the air comes from the filter? When i took this pipe off my car cut out all together so kinda put the kibosh on the lot. Is there another way the i could get the stuff in there, short of using a long tube?

Any help would be good

youngsyp

Although I've never used this stuff as I think it's a waste of time and money (sorry), this is what I would do. Find a bit of pipe/hose, like you get with WD40. Undo the jubilee clip on the intercooler hose at the plenum (intercooler side). Slide the little pipe down between the intercooler and hose you have just undone, so there is just enough left to attach to the 10k boost can. do the jubilee clip back up but, not too tight. Start the engine, attach the 10k Boost can to the little pipe and commence the 10k Boost proceedure.

Hope this makes sense. If not, just use Optimax, as you should be, as this will do the same thing only better and more thoroughly !

zia

wouldn,t advice using this!!! :lol: for number of reason some that youngsyp has stated!!

zia

nitrosgti-r

i didn't realise that optimax did this? I use this all the time so thats cool and am going to flog the can now....after reading why not to use it. I have used it on my Metro gti and my old hyundai coupe f2 evolution and was good stuff but they weren't turbos hey

thanx for that :wink: