1/4 Mile Times

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If the power is dropping off as the boost increases, that suggests to me you've got spark blow-out. - I've had that problem when the plugs were gapped too small, but it's an easy and cheap fix to regap them.

Which plugs are you running? I'm a convert to getting rid of the precious metal tips and going back to "standard" copper plugs.

I've got the NGK copper tip ones. Only fitted them 2000 miles ago.

What ECU set up should I go with when i ditch the Mines? Looking for 350 bhp ultimately. What about tyres? I got Syron Race 1s at the moment

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Nistune? At least you can change the map on that to suit your car.

Syvecs/Motec/etc if you've got the budget for it?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
BCR8ES? - It's possible the BR8ES fits, but I thought it was wider (20mm rather than 14mm).

I don't know anything about Nismotronic other than it's essentially an embedded PC that emulates an ECU. My concern is (was) that if the battery goes flat it loses everything in the volatile memory and forgets about pretending to be an ECU (like the way you lose the CMOS settings if your motherboard battery goes flat).

gt1r

11.9 with 230kw. Just done a new turbo and manifold upgrade with a few extra bits now making 300kw dyno tuned at 20psi but haven't taken her down yet