0-110 (mess about vid)

T

TomWhite

Just thought i'd test if it works really! Took a quick vid of my car earlier to see if i could get from my phone to here. Looks like it goes ok although this isnt one of my best runs and certainly no R! Just an example... Had a blowing exhaust from the decat, 16's, a full tank (panic buy! lol) and a passenger.

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cadams/images/tom16v/

Tis a williams engined clio

Oh yeah and the oil light and the water temp light are on. Its just a dodgy sensor though which is £20. Just aint done it! lol

You can see by the needle the water temp is fine and i dont know if you've ever been in a 16v/williams? They have three dials for the oil (temp/pressure/level) so i can tell thats fine!

Mark_GTiR

I used to have a valver before I got my R - quality little car. Not had chance to watch your vid yet as I'm at work

Mark

T

TomWhite

Yep they are such fun little cars!! This is my second, first was a 1.8 and now this modded 2.0l. 8)

You'll have to watch the vid at home and let me know what you think! :D

T

TomWhite

Oi! :roll: lol!

Nah its not to bad really is it mate. Bearing in mind i'm 20 and its a shitter to insure most cars when this is £800FC. 8)

She's tidy too though...

Mark_GTiR

Wow mate that is tidy... mine was really smart body work wise but the engine wasn't as clean as that. Smart car mate.

I'd have another tomorrow. I'll try and find mine somewhere.....

Mark_GTiR

Ohhh, that'll be cos it's in the members only bit :roll: :roll:

Never mind, it was blue, lowered just on the standard rims. Looked cool and sounded awesome with the induction kit and piper exhaust!

T

TomWhite

Aww yeah think we may have! Yours looks a minter mate! Love the phase 2 rims anyways. they look spot on imo!

I've gone for 16" lightweight speedlines on this one. They cost a bomb but are light and still look kinda good! Imo ofcourse...

T

Toady

looks very nice mate! any rust on it? a few of my mates had them, never kept up with my R with just a goose tho! :wink:

bout to look at the clip! 8)

T

Toady

bloody hell! thats pretty quick! :shock: getting to 60 in about 6 seconds! :shock:
NICE one! 8)

deank93

I owned a Clio Williams one, no 79 about 8/9 years ago.

Great car, very well balanced.....i drove one again about a year ago when a friend brought one and it felt so slooooow.

T

TomWhite

Toady i had mine officialy timed a 5.97 to 60 before the mani ect. The vid isnt one of my best runs! lol

She is quite a quick car though. she does low 14's down the 1/4. As for rust she is spotless. Has has a bit of work though......

I think you'd be quite supprised how quick they are on the road. Bearing in mind mine has a few mods i shocked my bro is his proven 300bhp scoob sti 4 the other day!! From a rolling start at about 25mph he couldnt get past me until 4th and then he only crept a few car lengths before slowing. :D

T

TomWhite

My Spec so far is:

2.0l 16v
Hillpower Chip
ITG filter with modded airbox
Ansa Exhaust with no middle boxes
Suspersprint Manifold
Group N Clutch
Magnicore Leads
Low temp thermostat and fan switch

285mm Big Brake Kit up front
Drilled and grooved rear disks

Lowered 40mil (ish) on Boge Shocks and Springs

Mark_GTiR

Looks ace mate really really smart. Wish I have kept mine as my run about you know.

I was 20 when I got rid of it for the R.

T

TomWhite

Think mine will probs go soon. i'm 21 in jan and can then insure a R. 8)

Mark_GTiR

You won't regret it. You'll have lighter pockets mind.. but it's worth it.

Good luck mate.

:lol: We may be talking again next year if I decide to buy your clio off you!!