z32 brakes

Marci GTi-R

Hi,

Will the z32 front and rear calipers fit on the stock brackets of the gti-r?

What kind of discs would be used?

Regards,

Ramon

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I've never heard of that one. - Isn't the Z32 a MAF, or is it refered to as that because it's the MAF from a 300ZX?

GTI-R Nath

the Z32 is the twin turbo version of the 300zx, not just a MAF, and u will need custom brackets to fit the front 300ZX calipers to the GTI-R, not sure about the rears though, but Im pretty sure they wont fit straight on.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'd never heard of doing a 300ZX brake conversion, but it makes as much sense as anything else (like R32 callipers). - I doubt there are many bolt-on solutions to this problem.

skiddusmarkus

They are the same calipers(Yakimoto or something like that)as on the R32 skyline,200sx, older subarus, think some toyota land cruisers?

splmum

yeah the 300zx, Skyline R32 and 200SX s14,s15 all have the same front calipers.
They are the same only in that they are 4 piston calipers, but other than that they are individually different.

Fit different width rotors (discs), have different leg lengths, have different sized pistons and some are different shaped bodies. All these need "dog bone" adapters to make them fit.

A bit more homework needed before making rash statements "all have the same front calipers."

And as skiddusmarkus said they are "Sumitomo" brand.

Last edited:

GTI-R Nath

They are the same only in that they are 4 piston calipers, but other than that they are individually different.

Fit different width rotors (discs), have different leg lengths, have different sized pistons and some are different shaped bodies. All these need "dog bone" adapters to make them fit.

A bit more homework needed before making rash statements "all have the same front calipers."

And as skiddusmarkus said they are "Sumitomo" brand.
i said the calipers are the same i didn't say anything about the discs being the same. plus the 200sx and 300zx front calipers have the same part number so dont see how they can be different, plus there's plenty of info on the web saying R32 GTR and R33 GTS calipers fit the 300zx so there pretty similar even if they do have bigger pistons

splmum

NO they are not!

You can get cast iron, aluminium, smooth bodied, fluted bodied.
The attachment leg lengths are different dependant on the diameter of the rotor they originally fitted, i.e. 280mm, 296mm, 310mm, 324mm and the widths are either 30mm or 32mm.
As said, do some more homework before you sprout off "yeah the 300zx, Skyline R32 and 200SX s14,s15 all have the same front calipers."
They clearly are not.

vss irvine

apparantly n16 front hubs can be fitted to the gtir, but i think you have to machine the spindles as you obviously need the gtir set for the 4x100.

once you fit the n16 hubs. the discs (re-drilled) and 4 pot calipers will fit.

williams on here has converted is car iirc

GTI-R Nath

NO they are not!

You can get cast iron, aluminium, smooth bodied, fluted bodied.
The attachment leg lengths are different dependant on the diameter of the rotor they originally fitted, i.e. 280mm, 296mm, 310mm, 324mm and the widths are either 30mm or 32mm.
As said, do some more homework before you sprout off "yeah the 300zx, Skyline R32 and 200SX s14,s15 all have the same front calipers."
They clearly are not.
so they are pretty much are the same calipers except for them being made out of the different metals and having slightly different sized legs witch isn't really relevant since he would need custom brackets whatever ones he put on, and skiddusmarkus also said the calipers are the same and i don't see you having a go at him.

splmum

so they are pretty much are the same calipers except for them being made out of the different metals and having slightly different sized legs witch isn't really relevant since he would need custom brackets whatever ones he put on,
Exactly what I referring too and stated. So now you agree, there are differences, cheers for that.

skiddusmarkus also said the calipers are the same and i don't see you having a go at him.
He was referring to the brand "They are the same calipers(Yakimoto or something like that", which is SUMITOMO, as I quoted earlier.

splmum

apparantly n16 front hubs can be fitted to the gtir, but i think you have to machine the spindles as you obviously need the gtir set for the 4x100.

once you fit the n16 hubs. the discs (re-drilled) and 4 pot calipers will fit.

williams on here has converted is car iirc
This is true.

Several members of gtir-oz have this conversion and it works perfectly, BUT not for the 280mm disc, only on 296mm and larger. Otherwise for the 280mm disc size you have to grind off small parts of the caliper and spindle to make them match, thus weakening the mounting points.