Z32 afm

stuarty

Can anyone tell me the benefits of running one of these................reason being am looking at buying one and not sure wether its worth it.

Thanks.

Stuart.

A

AJ4

much better design, bigger diameter, more airflow, will allow more boost without maxing out.

hmmm

Can it be used with the standar ECU? For example ... If the car is running 1 BAR, will using the Z32MAF make any difference at all using standard ECU, Injectors etc... Only mods are Exhaust, Filter and boost raised to 1 BAR via Bleed Valve, Dawes Device or Boost Controller.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic :oops:. Can start a new post if you want ?

Thanks ;-).

stuarty

At what boost does the standard afm max out at........is it only going to be necesary for heavily modified engines??

Nigell_d6

Hi,

im running max 1.35 boost with standard which is ok, when I had it mapped I asked Abbey about this and they said it was capable, I am fitting z32 as further mods are being done at the moment

Regards

Nigel

A

AJ4

The standard MAF can max out at anything from around 1 bar upwards ( 1.2 bar seems to be the norm ), depending on what kind of intake you have. Some people run 1.4 bar no problem, others only 1.0 bar.

You can't use a Z32 with a standard ECU only, as the signal it gives out is different from the standard AFM and the engine will run too rich. You need some kind of fuel controller to use one with the standard ECU, or a programmable ECU.

J

jpward

Yeah i have to run mine on the S-AFC and when you select the stanard AFM you can see how it is totally going to read it wrong and it wont idle either but apart from that i have only noticed a drop in spool up time which is handy and easy enough to wire up also. ;-)