Wish bone ball joints / bushes

Jonesy

I'm needing to replace one of my ball joints on the wish bone, just wondering if its worth fitting up rated bushes whilst im doing it do they make much of a difference and is there anything other than standard ball joints available.
cheers

vss irvine

at the moment theres only standard ball joints available. i think theres a nismo balljoint out there somewhere, but ive never seen any.
ill be testing some new wishbones with large rose joint set-ups, but itll be through the winter before i get a chance.
as for bushes, go for the whiteline anti lift kit, and superflex/powerflex front bushes.
have a look at this
http://www.nissangtir.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14366
i can help you out if you need anything

vss irvine

nissan dont sell balljoints, they only sell complete wishbones, last price i heard was about £100 + vat!

youngsyp

You can get the balljoints (GTi parts) from here: www.japarts.co.uk or, most motor factors. As before, the part you'll be requesting is actually for a GTi but, it's exactly the same part.

It is definitely worth uprating the other bushes at the same time as, you'll need to take the wishbone off to replace the balljoint. It'll tighten up the front end a bit and, the poly bushes will last longer than the stock rubber ones.

I'd recommend you replace the wishbone rear mount with a Whiteline anti dive/lift kit as, this will help a little with your handling.

You can get the other bushes from here: www.superflex.co.uk

The bushes here, are made in the same factory as the Whiteline bushes so, quality is good

Jonesy

Cheers mate i'll get the bits ordered up. Only thing is the poly bush kit is listed as 4 bushes i take it i'll only need a kit with two bushes if i get the anti lift kit aswell.

youngsyp

Jonesy said:
Cheers mate i'll get the bits ordered up. Only thing is the poly bush kit is listed as 4 bushes i take it i'll only need a kit with two bushes if i get the anti lift kit aswell.
The front mountings take 2 bushes each. Basically, the bush is split in two, for easier fitment.

As a heads up, I'm pretty sure Superflex do an offset (antidive/lift) rear bush for the Pulsar too ?!

Last edited:

Jonesy

Ahh i see cheers, sorted then, front bush kit, anti lift kit and ball joints. Cheers for that mate.:thumbsup:

Jonesy

Sorry about all the questions, just checked they do the wish bone rear anti lift, only £35 a lot cheaper than the white line kit, i take it just does the same job.

vss irvine

the superflex antilift bush (SPF1340AK) is only for the gti, it fits the gtir, but you have to trim it to make it fit. plus the whiteline kit comes with all the necessary hardware, alloy spacers and new bolts. stick with the whiteline if you want anti lift.

Jonesy

Cheers for the help, went for the whitline anti lift kit and super felx bushes, hopefully get them fitted at the weekend.

nickr

vss irvine said:
the superflex antilift bush (SPF1340AK) is only for the gti, it fits the gtir, but you have to trim it to make it fit. plus the whiteline kit comes with all the necessary hardware, alloy spacers and new bolts. stick with the whiteline if you want anti lift.
I spoke to Paul Carlsson who does superpro bushes and he said that the antilift with castor increase bush is SPF1374AK which is actually for a n13 pulsar, but he says it fits.

Jonesy

Not sure to be honest bud, does it come with all the bits for fitting it aswell, how much is that one, bought the whiteline one anyway, so that will defintley fit.

vss irvine

nickr said:
I spoke to Paul Carlsson who does superpro bushes and he said that the antilift with castor increase bush is SPF1374AK which is actually for a n13 pulsar, but he says it fits.
n13 is the same as the n14 fwd, so they fit but only with a trim. gtir bushes are different, the whiteline kit is a direct fit for the gtir.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
What about these?
It's not an anti-lift kit, but it does claim to be poly bushes for the rear mount on the wishbone.
Any good? - Obviously you know how I've ended-up here Martyn; having spent the money on new wishbones off eBay, I'll need to get some good GTiR bushes... but don't necessarily want the cost of the anti-dive kit.

vss irvine

the bushes in your link are the same as the 'superflex' gtir rear bush. but as you say, have no anti-lift or castor increase.

probably the cheapest direct fit option for a gtir.