Wiscombe hillclimb

dencon

Still got a bit to do to catch me, but for a new boy on the hills, he is doing very very good. Well done Mark.
Hopefully see you next week. Den.

MarkTurbo

Thanks for all the comments.

My aim for this year was a 45 sec run up the hill which i managed on saturday with a 45.67, so to do that and collect the 3rd in class trophy in my 1st event of the year (and only 3rd ever hillclimb) was more than i was expecting! I got 4th in class on sunday, i finished up only 0.03 secs behind the Evo in 3rd :doh:

I suppose i'll have to aim for a 44 sec run now but i know that'll be hard work as a second is a lifetime in this sport, if i can knock another tenth or two off this weekend i'll be happy.

Hopefully see you next week. Den.
I can't wait to get back on the hill again, it'll have been a busy 2 weeks with 2 more events this weekend. I collected your trophy for you, i'll bring it down with me on saturday.

MarkTurbo

Finished 4th in class both days at Wiscombe this weekend, i wasn't driving as well as last weekend braking too early/lifting off too much in places etc but i managed to pull my finger out on my last run yesterday and lower my personal best time a bit more 8)

I missed out on 3rd place on saturday by 0.04 secs and looking at my times a slower than usual launch time cost me a trophy there :doh: Yesterday i would have had to beat my personal best by a fair bit to get 3rd as i was about 0.8 secs off. Overall it was another good weekend, still plenty to learn yet!

Quick video of me going off the start line yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY8QCWPi6pU

Last edited:

MarkTurbo

Standard suspension with koni adjustable dampers and whiteline springs. It's a bit on the soft side for this sort of thing though.

Spikey

Pulsars look the Best out in the Country side. Not on a drag strip :)
Cant wait to get mine finished. Its gonna be so awesome ..

MarkTurbo

Was at Wiscombe again last weekend, got the trophy for 3rd on saturday out of a class of 11 and 5th on sunday out of 13. Just my luck that the 2 extra cars on sunday were both faster than me :doh: Really wanted to beat my personal best too but could only get within 0.3 secs, will have to wait until next year now for that 44 sec run!

Just want to say a big thanks to Danny (red reading) as without his help with some parts i wouldn't have even made it to the event :thumbsup:

MarkTurbo

Hopefully Phil. I've had a really good first year racing thats gone better than i expected, 3 trophys out of 7 events so far. I'm doing Chivenor sprint next weekend then all being well Castle Combe sprint again in October. This year seems to have flown by, the break over winter is going to seem like forever until next years racing starts again :sad:

bracpan

You will be amazed how quick it will go, theres always a rush to finish things before the season starts, good luck on the last 2 events.

MarkTurbo

You will be amazed how quick it will go, theres always a rush to finish things before the season starts
You were totally correct there Phil, i've just sent off my entry form for the Great western sprint at Castle Combe on the 24th of next month and i haven't even built my engine yet :lol: