Wilwood Rotors and Pads

antgtir

Ok, ive been looking at the description and cost of the two different spec of rotor available for the 310mm diameter rotor, these are:

a) HD Curved Vane Rotor = £186.83 inc VAT for 2
b) UL Curved Vane Rotor = £116.33 inc VAT for 2
c) UL Straight Vane Rotor = £123.38 inc VAT for 2

In addition the pad choice ive narrowed myself down to as Mintex are not available for the Midilite caliper are:

a) Poly A's = £66.39 inc VAT for a set - Working temps 450 to 1300 degrees
b) Poly Q's = £61.69 inc VAT for a set - Working temps 0 to 900 degrees

So my question is this for all of the Wilwood runners, what rotor do you recommend for intermitent track use and what pad would you say is best suited for the same application?

In addition to the above i want a set of new bleed nipples but on the Rally Designs website they list numerous different applications but as sods law would have it not mine lol, my caliper has a ref of MN-120-7380, so will the other bleed nipples that are for the Midilite Caliper still fit mine?

Many thanks in advance.

Ant.:thumbsup:

GTIR-LOZ

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47564

a search may help:roll: have fitted these and they are great they are groved and infact are ever so slightly less in diameter than the old ones the pad still fits fine and i was actally able to remove the spacer washers i put in for the old discs as they dont seem to expand as much i.e dont hit the caliper:thumbsup: and they are not warped yet either lol

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
antgtir said:
In addition the pad choice ive narrowed myself down to as Mintex are not available for the Midilite caliper
Ant, have you looked at other makes, such as Pagid or even Carbotech in Penrith? Not sure if it’s worth trying them see if they can help?

antgtir said:
In addition to the above i want a set of new bleed nipples
Try your local car parts centre, it’s always worth taking off your caliper as I did and go in to try the different nipples available; I have to say the standard ones on mine are a load of crap!