wilwood pistons?

sadsy

Does anyone have any ideas about how to push the pistons back into the caliper on 4 pot dynalites? ive tried to push them back in and ive taken the lid off the resoviour whilst doing this but theyre pretty tight.
Any ideas before i get the molegrips on them:doh:

Cheers sadsy

Shaun

If they are really tight you could always undo each bleed nipple to allow the fluid out easier but you would obviously have to re-bleed the offending caliper.

rayman75

undoing the bleed nipple is one way, but you shouldnt need to. just get a long screwdriver between the disc and piston lever it and it should go easy, but dont go mad with it.

B

basil

get a big pair of grips and an old pad and push the pistons back but leave the other pad in.

sadsy

Cheers peeps,

Your all right and it was what i was thinking, Anyway ALL the flaming pistons were siezed, no wonder i had crap brakes, they can't have been serviced since they were fitted in 2001!!

* I took the master cylinder top off,
* Took the pads out,
* Cleaned the crap off from inside the calipers and put a bit of brake fluid on the pistons to free them up,
* I got a lever bar and worked each one back in off the rotor taking care
* Then carefully pumped the brake to bring them back out again (I GOT SOMEONE TO PUMP THE BRAKE WHILST I WATCHED THE PISTONS SO THEY DIDNT GO TOO FAR),I did this a couple of times but its up to you
* Cleaned the pistons up with a bit of hemory cloth and oiled them, Pushed them back in with the lever bar
* Put my new pads in and f##k me i can brake!!

Thought id do a quick write up incase anyone else has problems as i searched and had no luck.
Cheers Sadsy:thumbsup: