Wilwood pads

G

GTiR-nick

Hey guys im finding it really difficult to source a new set of willwood pads, does anyone have a telephone number/address/web site of a stockist where i can buy a set??
Cheers!
Nick

rayman75

i think i have poly Q's aswell, i had greenstuff pads in there before and they was awful. the poly Q's are a hell of a lot better but they just squeel at low speeds.

Mr GTiR

I've got the Polly Q's in mine (one of the first sets made) and never had them squeel and still on the orgainal pads!

I believe that most manufactures will do a pad for our caliper design. I remember seeing Padgid and Fareedo (sp). What you need to do is tell them what Willwood caliper you have and the disc size NOT the application that it's on.

Most manufactures don't advertise aftermarket brake pads and you sill need to go to a motorsport supplier like Rally Design, Demon tweeks, Trans Auto Sport (TAS) etc.

jameswrx2

On the same subject.. Does anyone know what willwood pads to run that aren't crazy for brake dust? Mine literally cover the wheels in a few miles.

rayman75

the greenstuff pads i had didnt give to much break dust, but they are crap until theres abit of heat in them and then there still not as good as my poly Q's.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Mintex 1144 or 1155's (for harder driving) and as mentioned can be located from Demon Tweeks ;-) whether they are Midlites or Dynalites

Braveheart

fubar andy said:
Mintex 1144 or 1155's (for harder driving) and as mentioned can be located from Demon Tweeks ;-) whether they are Midlites or Dynalites
Thanks for that info Andy..:thumbsup:

Kenny

I've been reliably informed that the Demon Tweeks part number for the midlite calliper mintex pads is MDB2581, in compounds 1144 (£64), 1155 (£88 ), 1166 (£111) and 'F' (£144). They are listed in the catalogue but not online, you can also get Ferrodo pads.

With the wilwood pads we found the Poly Q's faded a fair amount (mate ditched his after a month or so & that car only weighs 550-600kgs), Poly E's were noticably better - still fade on occasions but come back quickly after a corner or two's rest.

I'll probably be going 1144s for the road & 1155s for anything else to see if it's worth keeping the wilwoods for much longer.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Kenny said:
I'll probably be going 1144s for the road & 1155s for anything else to see if it's worth keeping the wilwoods for much longer.
Anything track related go for 66's. They don't make them fore Midlites, but they do for Dynalites, however you can modify the backing plate to fit the Midilites ;-)

dombat

I got Mintex 1144 from rallydesign.

MDB2581 for Midilite caliper were 49.80 + VAT + Post

October 2007 prices.