Wilwood caliper fitment?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I spotted some calipers that seemed cheap (at the moment) on eBay, but I can't uncover what the fitment for them is. - They're part JL 120 4997
Anyone know if they'd fit?
What about Alfa Romeo calipers; I'm sure I've seen a thread about making those fit?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
The Wilwoods are all universal fitments its the mounting bracket you need to fit the caliper.

If they are Midilite one, they are the same as what I have in the garage. You could buy them (calipers) and I could lend you the mounting bracket to either make your own or just order some from Rally Design?

You got a link?

***Edit

Just noticed they are Dynalites, so I'm not sure if my brackets will fit, however check with Rally Design if they will sell you the right discs and brackets separately

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Thanks Andy. - Do you know anything about the Alfa ones? I'm sure I've read that the 156 disc is a good fit without shims on an R (they're a 4x98 with a 58.5mm centre bore), but now that I look at it, these Brembos come with discs with 5 holes in them... because they're for a '75 which is 5x98
Just because the discs can be made to fit doesn't mean the calipers are of any use.

I'm not sure about those Wilwooods; I'll keep watching them and maybe put a bid in. At that kind of money it's cheaper than buying replacement Nissan ones, but they might go up and up... there's no mounting for them, they're missing at least one shim, I don't think my braided lines will go into that fitting on the back; which could all make them more trouble than they're worth.

Thanks again for clearing that up for me; I just couldn't understand why you get no fitment list from anyone for that caliper. :doh:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
So they're all like that? - Is the idea that thinner disks dissipate the heat better; I would have thought thicker disks would be better for that.

skiddusmarkus

Anyone ever tried the mgf trophy brakes to see if they can be made to fit?AP 4 pots and 305mm discs that can be had for £200 or less on ebay

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I was looking at the Sumimoto (?) calipers from the 200SX and Imprezza, but it seems like a lot of work for someone who has no access to a machine shop or tools much more advanced than an angle grinder and a hammer drill.

I think I'll just fix my standard calipers for now.