Wilwood Brakes.........

SunOnGTiR

Calling all owners of wilwood brakes,do I need to slowly bed-in/run-in my new brake pads?Or not?
Been about 100 or so miles,I stamped on them and there was this groaning noise like when your pads run out?
I've never had 4-pots before,there's some squealing as well from low-speed braking?Is this 'normal'?I thought they don't squeal.
Any advice would be grateful.

GTIR-LOZ

mine squeal like a pig on light braking when they are hot, they just need some grease on the back of the brake pads (not on the front :p ) and yeah when i stamp on them they do groan but it is def not the same noise as when you run out of friction lining on the pads :wink:

GTIR-LOZ

also i was told to bed them in the first set i did not bother, they arped like buggery but that was due to the pad second set bed in they warped like buggery too after few weeks, third set using the green stuff pads i did not bother to bed in and they are fine, the green stuffs have a paste on the front of the pad to help them bed in but imho it dont really do alot,

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Willwoods are known for sqeeling... I'm sure its to do with the pads that are available for it...

Rishi

houghy_1

I think it depends on which pad type you use.
Iv got the 280mm group buy off here with the poly q pads i think,
the other pads by wilwood are the poly e's and i think its them that you get squeeling with at lower speeds.
As for bedding in i give them a bit of stamp after about 100-150 miles it gave a bit of smoke out and they've been fine ever since.
Hope thats some help :?:
If not have a word with the guy that does the group buy maybe he can help you out :?: :?: :?:

Matt

GTiR_Mic

I have Wilwood 4 pots on mine, they don't make a noise at all.

I had EBC red stuff pads on it, not the best pads i must admit but they where on the car already.

Mic

SunOnGTiR

Cheers for the replies,guys :wink:
After a bit christmas cruising around london/essex,around 350 miles,they seem to have bedded in a bit.From high speed,anyway.
When I come off the motorway,they seem fine(better than the standards)
I have the poly Es.Low speed braking still abit of groaning.
I still haven't stamped in anger yet :oops:
I think I must be getting old :roll: