Wilwood Brake Pads?

billy187

This is my first post on the forum so thought i should say hello before i ask for help :p

Anyway Guys looks like the pads on the new R need changing all round, its got wilwood 4 pots at the front and have been told to get the wilwood pads to match at the front? anyone got any links that sell them online? also is there any way of finding out which willwood calipers they are as i have been told there a few different types? the cars running 400bhp at the moment so need some decent stopping power, any other suggestions would be great....Gonna go for mintex at the back so again some links of the cheapest place online that does them would be great? Im gonna change the discs at the back aswell, im guessing il be alright with just a set of new standard discs? or should i go for a brake conversion at the back aswell? Links really needed as i want to get them ordered and fitted this week....any suggestions really appreciated! :)

Billy

billy187

cheers thanx for that, so im taking it that the wilwood pads arnt that good as they arnt mentioned? also what rear brake conversion would you reccommend then for mostly road use but occasional track use.

Also any ideas on how to check the cars abs system? Braking hard the other day from 80 and the brakes locked up....the light doesnt come up on the dash so im guessing the previous owner has disconnected it? is this a good thing as im sure its a pretty needed safety feature?

kirko

Imran187 said:
cheers thanx for that, so im taking it that the wilwood pads arnt that good as they arnt mentioned? also what rear brake conversion would you reccommend then for mostly road use but occasional track use.

Also any ideas on how to check the cars abs system? Braking hard the other day from 80 and the brakes locked up....the light doesnt come up on the dash so im guessing the previous owner has disconnected it? is this a good thing as im sure its a pretty needed safety feature?

check for the obvious first buddy not all gtir's had ABS