Wilwood Bleed

CruiseGTi-R

For anyone with Wilwood calipers - mine have 4 bleed nipples. Do you have to bleed each one, or can the whole caliper bleed from one nipple?

Bled mine but they're still a bit squishy, although they still bite brilliantly.

Also, did you find em quite crumbly when braking from highish speeds, part of the characteristic of the kit, or will it settle in?

Cheers, toby

Last edited:

CruiseGTi-R

I know they have four pistons, its why I bought em :), but they'll all be connected internally as only one brake line in.

I wondered if it meant you didn't need to bleed every nipple. I bled them all on one side and tried bleeding only one on the other side and brake bias left to right is not different.

Fazz

Have to bleed them all individually, least that's what I did anyway....

Pain in the a pipe but hey...

SunOnGTiR

CruiseGTi-R said:
Also, did you find em quite crumbly when braking from highish speeds, part of the characteristic of the kit, or will it settle in?

Cheers, toby
Depending what pads you got I think.There's the poly E and poly Q.
I've got the E pads,very good from high speed but a bit moany and grindy low speed.
I think the Q pads are more suited for fast road.
I noticed on the box of the pads,it says not for road use IIRC???
Also low speed,my pads screech abit(sometimes)
Have you got a special nut to bleed the nipples?
I haven't got one! Can you buy them from rally design?

P

pulsar_scott

My wilwoods are phenominal with the e pads but they cake my wheels in dust in no time at all. Ive run them for 4 months with the e pads and theyre already half way worn. The q pads i had originally were a lot better but didnt stop as well from high speeds.

I too find them really squeally and grindy at low speeds. Thought I had done something wrong when fitting them but seems a few of you have encountered this. That makes me feel better :D

PS. in line with the original thread, id bleed all 4 nipples mate. I know its a pain in the a*se but they should be solid and really predictable after it.

Deffinately worth it id say.

Scott.

SunOnGTiR

pulsar_scott said:
My wilwoods are phenominal with the e pads but they cake my wheels in dust in no time at all.

Scott.
Yes,bloody brake dust!!!
Didn't wash the R for about a month,a splash of wonder wheels did the trick.