Wilwood 280mm brake kit + Wheels.

Braveheart

Just trial fitted my wilwood midi brake kit to discover that it want fit under my wheels. 15" Buddy Club P1 Racing SF 15x6.5 ET42.. oh bugger :doh: http://www.srbpower.com/buddyclub/p1-racing-sf.php
The diameter clearance is good but the caliper is catching on the spokes by about 8mm.
I do not want to run with spacers. Rally Design have been very understanding and are happy to take the kit back and refund. I need decent brakes though but was really hoping to be able to run with 15" rims. Maybe I'm being too fussy.:?

Question; What does the ET value mean?
Buddy Club do a very similar 15" with an ET of 35.

Also, Anyboby have a 15" setup with upgraded brakes?

Thanks,
Scott.

O

Odin

Braveheart said:
Also, Anybody have a 15" set-up with upgraded brakes?

A lot of people use 15's mate.

GTIR mic has willwoods with 15's

Rob

Braveheart

Yeah... I was quite surprised to find that they did not clear the spokes as they bow outwards... oh well, you live and learn. :?
My options now are to change the wheels and keep the brake kit or vise versa.
Later,
Scott.

creedy

i had the same problem with my 17" buddy club p1's over a set of 310mm wilwoods

needed somthing like 15mm spacers to clear.
just sold thje rims and got a set of 16"'s :lol:

Tk1

i had the same problems with my 285 wilwood kit, i could not get 16" rota grids to clear the spokes, my 15" volks / oz's / team dynamics are not a problem though

Braveheart

Thanks for the feedback:thumbsup:

I'll have a chat with some of the guys at Crail tomorrow but I think I'm going to change my wheels. The standard brakes have to go! It's a pitty though because I like the wheels and there new with only about 400 miles on them... there rapped in nice sticky Toyo R888's. :sad: