Willwood brakes not stronger enough

bengilmore

I've just after fitted my willwood 4 pots and discs, along with the braided hoses front and rear. 8)
Do you need to bed the pads in for long, cause the brakes dont give a great bite.

I bleeded the rears and the 4 nipples on each of the front calipers, but the peddle still doesn't feel great. :?
They only bite marginally better than the standard brakes, if even better at all :evil:

Any ideas :?:

MarkTurbo

If the pedal still dosent feel right then you've possibly still got air in the system, try bleeding them again :wink: Does it feel spongey :?:

They definatly should be way better than the standard brakes :lol:

bengilmore

They it still feels spongy.
Do you have a bleed all 4 nipples on each caliper :?:
When you open the nipple with the brake pedel depressed, should the fluid squirk out or drip out when its fully bled :?:
It was just dripping for me :?

GTIR-LOZ

should squirt, you prob still have air in the system make sure you top up the brake fluid constantly, its a two man job really

bengilmore

Ye, i was topping it up constantly and had a mate in the car doing the pedal.

Ok cool, i'll bleed them again and see how things go.

Cheers 8)

Keira

you only need to bleed the top nipple iirc...pretty sure its in the instructions that came with the caliper

the willwoods are a bugger to bleed and will take a while to settle in properly

jonee

r

if you use the top bleed nipples only, start with the n/s/f first.

put a piece of vacum pipe on each nipple and let the other end sit into a container ie old milk bottle that is a third full of brake fluid.

make sure the reservoir is full and crack off the nipples and leave it.

gravity will do the rest. just keep an eye on the level.after 1/2 hour of this there should be no air in the system.now do the other side.

cheers jonee