wierd clunk sound after shutting door

CanadianR

when I shut my drivers door, (or passenger door gets shut hard), there is something that seems to be moving around the glovebox, but I cant find out what it is.

Sounds like its coming from passenger side, and like a piece of plastic getting swung around.

any ideas?

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Jeddeh said:
when I shut my drivers door, (or passenger door gets shut hard), there is something that seems to be moving around the glovebox, but I cant find out what it is.

Sounds like its coming from passenger side, and like a piece of plastic getting swung around.

any ideas?
ECU lives behind the central console ;-)

Sometimes get boost controllers hidden there as well.

Just be gentle closing the doors :thumbsup:

Last edited:

gtir bean

if it has an alarm it may be just stuffed up ontop of the heating ducts under the dash like mine is.

CanadianR

yeah the wierd thing is, is it just clunks whenever it wants to. It clunked last night, but not this morning. Then it clunked when I got out of the car but not back in.

Seriously seems to have a mind of its own, what else is down there?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
stumo said:
Father Christmass.
Really, he's early, brilliant ! :-D

Jeddeh said:

any ideas?
I bet it's the cover thats sits on top of the heater/fan inlet, it's front edge is often loose and the vacuum created from opening/shutting the car doors moves the cover and this makes the "clunk" sound your on about. If you remove the plastic panel under the windscreen wipers (bottom of the winscreen) you'll see this cover on the passenger side, run some seam sealer/mastic under the loose edge to secure it and the "clunk" will be gone.

Steve